Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2017 3:08:39 PM EDT
Does anyone know if any Colt 10.3" barrels are being sold anywhere?  I did a quick search but didn't find anything.

I see AU has them on their site but they are out of stock.

If not, any other good 10.3" CHF chrome-lined MPI/HPT barrels out there? (Other than DD)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#1]
A cut down M4 barrel is right for a Mk18.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#2]
i have a pair of LMT 10.5's and they are great.  10K+ through one and still shoots great.  I "think" they were used for some of the original Mk18's, but someone will certainly correct me
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Just get one cut.  I've had a Colt 6920 barrel and BCM M4 barrel cut and port opened up to .070 and they were flawless..........

ETA:  Corrected my port size as I missed a zero, damned IPhone and fat fingers
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just get one cut.  I've had a Colt 6920 barrel and BCM M4 barrel cut and port opened up to .70 and they were flawless..........
View Quote
Did you use ADCO?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 4:13:15 AM EDT
[#5]
A friend of mine used ADCO to cut his 6920 barrel to 10.3

They did a great job and the gun has been 100% reliable so far
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 6:43:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 11:30:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Did you use ADCO?
View Quote
Yes!  They know how to make it do what it do.  They will size the gas port appropriately...............
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#8]
.070" is the port size you want.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 1:55:53 PM EDT
[#9]
ADCO did mine as well and it runs like a raped ape
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 3:57:21 AM EDT
[#10]
http://www.specializedarmament.com/—-barrel-assemblies-parts/barrel-assembly-10.3-inch-mk18-cqbr/

Specialized Armament.  Genuine Colt, reliable dealer though expensive.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:18:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://www.specializedarmament.com/—-barrel-assemblies-parts/barrel-assembly-10.3-inch-mk18-cqbr/

Specialized Armament.  Genuine Colt, reliable dealer though expensive.
View Quote
Don’t do it.

I bought one of these from SAW. Running an Vltor A5H4 buffer and a SureFrire SOCOM can the thing was overgassed AF.

It’s not mentioned in the description, but he opens up the gas port on these to some ridiculous size. Supposedly because he “doesn’t want people saying that Colt barrels don’t run.”

I had read that on another site, so I pulled my gas block and dropped a .070 pin gauge in the gas port to see for myself. It wasn’t even close. The proverbial “hot dog down a hallway”.

I was pissed. I paid top dollar plus to get a Colt barrel so I would have something in spec, only to have this dick fuck it up and misrepresent it as factory.

Bought a 6920 barrel and sent it to ADCO to be cut to 10.3” and have the port opened to .070”. Night and day difference. The gun now runs as it is supposed to. Noticeably less recoil, much less gas out of the ejection port, and the brass lands where it is supposed to.100% reliable.

I sold the SAW barrel to a coworker. I was up front with him about what had been done to it. He’s got an H2 buffer and shoots light .223  handloads.
The SAW barrel works just fine for him.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#12]
SAW uses very heavy buffers.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Don’t do it.

I bought one of these from SAW. Running an Vltor A5H4 buffer and a SureFrire SOCOM can the thing was overgassed AF.

It’s not mentioned in the description, but he opens up the gas port on these to some ridiculous size. Supposedly because he “doesn’t want people saying that Colt barrels don’t run.”

I had read that on another site, so I pulled my gas block and dropped a .070 pin gauge in the gas port to see for myself. It wasn’t even close. The proverbial “hot dog down a hallway”.

I was pissed. I paid top dollar plus to get a Colt barrel so I would have something in spec, only to have this dick fuck it up and misrepresent it as factory.

Bought a 6920 barrel and sent it to ADCO to be cut to 10.3” and have the port opened to .070”. Night and day difference. The gun now runs as it is supposed to. Noticeably less recoil, much less gas out of the ejection port, and the brass lands where it is supposed to.100% reliable.

I sold the SAW barrel to a coworker. I was up front with him about what had been done to it. He’s got an H2 buffer and shoots light .223  handloads.
The SAW barrel works just fine for him.
View Quote
Thanks for the info.  I was unaware of SAW opening up the gas ports.  That's quite the kick in the balls for their $450 asking price.  One would assume they are made to spec.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I recently purchased a Colt FBI Hrt contract 11.5" barrel with fsb. I sent it to Adco to Be chopped to 10.3". It's going to replace a like new FN marked 10.5" barrelIed psa upper as  I like the heavier barrel. I  put it in the mail on the 2nd and it will be here this Friday (13th). That's crazy turn around time imho.ETA: delivered on today on the 12th

https://ibb.co/gT3H3w
https://ibb.co/gdu1Vb
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:20:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I ended up picking up a 10.3" DD barrel with the .070" gas port instead of going the Colt and ADCO route.  It's still on my list to do one of these days though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm not sure, but I think John Thomas here does that service.

And I hear his skillset is amazing and turnaround is short. Worth checking.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you use ADCO?
I'm not sure, but I think John Thomas here does that service.

And I hear his skillset is amazing and turnaround is short. Worth checking.
John Thomas does offer that service and he is amazing. He chopped a 6920 to 10.3" for my EOD clone.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top