Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 34
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 10:18:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ejc204] [#1]
That’s what I have on mine. It fits and moves the light away from the front sight. Without it my light was resting right up against the front sight.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 10:49:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Perfect! Thank you. Is there enough room to run the light on the opposite side (ejection side) of the rail?
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 1:47:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought an 11.3 ba hanson .625 barrel. I was looking ath the 10.5 mlok cmr for a perfect fit. Has anyone tried the ballistic advantage .625 gas block that comes with the barrels?  Worried about clearence.

Also are there 2 differrent versions of the mlok rail. Some of google images show no qd sockets and other/ show them having them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 8:32:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-Pilot] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pev942:
I bought an 11.3 ba hanson .625 barrel. I was looking ath the 10.5 mlok cmr for a perfect fit. Has anyone tried the ballistic advantage .625 gas block that comes with the barrels?  Worried about clearence.

Also are there 2 differrent versions of the mlok rail. Some of google images show no qd sockets and other/ show them having them.
View Quote
There's the CMR MLok that is sold as a stand alone rail through the different distributors and has the and cups, and then there is the one that they make for Colt that Colt sells on that 'Trooper' rifle (or whatever they call it) it doesn't have the qd cups and is generally more simple looking. I think it's called the OEM rail and I've only ever seen them sold used (I assume from take offs?)
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By pev942:

View Quote
I can't wait to see how this turns out!

I've wrestled with picking up a 13.7" BA hansen, but I think the new 13" mlok rail (which I have) is too long to really work well. Does anyone know for sure?

Pic thread:

Link Posted: 3/21/2018 3:10:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#6]
Do the new MLOK CMR rails use the same barrel nut as the original CMR Rails (Gen 1)?  Have a Gen1 14" and am thinking about moving to the newer version mlok 13".  I can always change the barrel nut but if the new rail uses the same as the originals it would be nice :).

EDIT - according to this review, although they updated the barrel nut to appeal to the masses, the new rail will work fine on original barrel nut...

http://www.ar15news.com/2016/01/21/centurion-arms-adds-keymod-m-lok-cmr-lineup/

The overall profile of the new CMR KeyMod and M-LOK rails is very similar to the original CMR and still features anti-rotation tabs. The barrel nut is also very similar, in fact the new rail will mount to an older CMR barrel nut, but Centurion Arms actually modified the new barrel nut to be able to tighten them using a standard AR-15 castle nut wrench.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 78Staff:
Do the new MLOK CMR rails use the same barrel nut as the original CMR Rails (Gen 1)?  Have a Gen1 14" and am thinking about moving to the newer version mlok 13".  I can always change the barrel nut but if the new rail uses the same as the originals it would be nice :).

EDIT - according to this review, although they updated the barrel nut to appeal to the masses, the new rail will work fine on original barrel nut...

http://www.ar15news.com/2016/01/21/centurion-arms-adds-keymod-m-lok-cmr-lineup/
View Quote
In my experience, the barrel nuts are different. I had this issue on a 7.62 build where I was using a gen 1 barrel nut and a gen 2 CMR (had to be replaced because it was bent). After a range trip, the CMR had begun to slip forward off the gen 1 barrel nut.

I do have another 5.56 rifle that has a gen 1 barrel nut and a gen 2 MLOK CMR on it that has seen quite a few rounds and classes with no discernible movement. YMMV
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

In my experience, the barrel nuts are different. I had this issue on a 7.62 build where I was using a gen 1 barrel nut and a gen 2 CMR (had to be replaced because it was bent). After a range trip, the CMR had begun to slip forward off the gen 1 barrel nut.

I do have another 5.56 rifle that has a gen 1 barrel nut and a gen 2 MLOK CMR on it that has seen quite a few rounds and classes with no discernible movement. YMMV
View Quote
Yeah I think I read that some early 7.62 versions had issues...  I haven't decided tbh I am also thinking about just going back to a Larue 13.2" Stealth rail... I'm just tired of my vertical grip flexing on that plastic CMR rail section .   If I could find a metal rail section for the CMR I probably wouldn't change it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Yeah I think I read that some early 7.62 versions had issues...  I haven't decided tbh I am also thinking about just going back to a Larue 13.2" Stealth rail... I'm just tired of my vertical grip flexing on that plastic CMR rail section .   If I could find a metal rail section for the CMR I probably wouldn't change it.
View Quote
https://kineticdg.com/product/3slotrail/
I’m pretty sure hole spacing is 2.375” on the CMR as I have a B5 Gripstop mounted on two of mine.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By dcf1981:

https://kineticdg.com/product/3slotrail/
I'm pretty sure hole spacing is 2.375" on the CMR as I have a B5 Gripstop mounted on two of mine.
View Quote
Thanks, placed an order and will give those a try...
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 2:18:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#11]
@dcf1981 - Thanks again for the link - my rail sections arrived and line right up with the CMR spacing.  Metal rail sections, finally!

Link Posted: 3/27/2018 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#12]
@dcf1981 - Thanks again for the link - my rail sections arrived and line right up with the CMR spacing.  Metal rail sections, finally!

https://i.imgur.com/Ux4HdjN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JgBfe9z.jpg
View Quote
Awesome, I’m glad that it fits.  I’m going to order some whenever I get around to it for mine.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 11:53:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Weapon outfitters has the new Gen1 handguards in stock.

https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/centurion-arms-5-56-original-cmr-rails-gen1.html
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:05:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#15]
So I got my 10.5 cmr mlok and the the ba hanson .625 gas block easily clears the rail. I measured before ordering and their .625 gas block is smaller than the ca .750 gas block. Here are some pics.

Side view

Front view

Muzzle
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MALICIOUS2551:

https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/centurion-arms-5-56-original-cmr-rails-gen1.html
View Quote
Gen 1 "style"...  Should call them Gen 1A or something.  And they changed the f***ing lengths yet again, so more confusion.  WTF Centurion, so now we have 13.65, 14.25, and 14.0625...all called 14"  And I thought the $550 Pelican cases were bad...
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 12:24:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MALICIOUS2551] [#17]
Originally Posted By weaponoutfitters:
Gonna pull one of the 13.5" variants for a new build!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MALICIOUS2551:

Gonna pull one of the 13.5" variants for a new build!
Sure did.

Ordered a 13.6 version.  The same 13.6 is listed twice on the website with two different prices.

I chose the link you supplied on facebook that was $5.00 cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
Whudda beaut!
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:28:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SoTexAggie] [#21]
Originally Posted By CCLJ03:

Whudda beaut!
View Quote
Thanks! It's quickly becoming my favorite rifle. I threw my cousin's micro on it and now I'm debating getting rid of the Comp M4 for one. It just felt "right" on there

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SoTexAggie:

Thanks! It's quickly becoming my favorite rifle. I threw my cousin's micro on it and now I'm debating getting rid of the Comp M4 for one. It just felt "right" on there

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/207228/IMG_6327-512530.JPG
View Quote
Never having used a comp m4, I struggle to see the advantage over the t2.

Extra durability is negligible.
Field of view isn't a thing for red dots.
And cr123 vs AA(?) is a dumb thing to argue about.

Between weight savings and visual proportionality.... I'll take the t2!
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CCLJ03:

Never having used a comp m4, I struggle to see the advantage over the t2.

Extra durability is negligible.
Field of view isn't a thing for red dots.
And cr123 vs AA(?) is a dumb thing to argue about.

Between weight savings and visual proportionality.... I'll take the t2!
View Quote
It might have been all in my head, but I found the M4 glass to be brighter and the dot cleaner than the T1.  As for comparing to the T2 I can't say as I didn't have both at the same time.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 4:37:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MALICIOUS2551] [#25]
I'm just patiently waiting for my gunsmith to finish my pin and weld...

Fucking stoked to have a new production Gen 1 CMR!!!

Old Photo of an original Gen 1 CMR with 14.5" barrel from 2014 or so

https://78.media.tumblr.com/4dc543888b379068e74f4e790d1358e9/tumblr_p75kkiB3xB1qjtttio1_1280.jpg
View Quote

Same here!

Its obvious that Monty improved the original design by looking at the contents of the hardware included.

If you get time you should toss up a few pics of the hardware.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:39:00 PM EDT
[#26]
How much is a gen 1 CMR-12 worth?
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:15:37 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
I'd say $125-$150 probably as long as it's not a beater.  It's not like they are desired over the later Gens, in fact the Gen 1's had more alignment/drop down issues than the later ones.  The real draw of a Gen 1 is the 14", which is only 13.65" so you can run most cans with a 14.5" barrel.  The Gen 2 14"s are 14.25" and thus too long and require a 14.7" barrel...  But, with the 14" Gen 1 you also have the mis-aligned vent holes/rail panel holes too so you have to decide if that would bother you...  If the Gen 2 and later mods were back to Gen 1 length I would have upgraded already, but I'm not swapping barrels just to run a Gen 2 lol.  I may swap back to a Larue 13.2" anyway...

Gen 1 14" (13.65") with Surefire Socom RC - older pic but shows the gap of a Gen 1/14.5"

Link Posted: 5/3/2018 10:34:18 AM EDT
[#28]

I'd say $125-$150 probably as long as it's not a beater.  It's not like they are desired over the later Gens, in fact the Gen 1's had more alignment/drop down issues than the later ones.  The real draw of a Gen 1 is the 14", which is only 13.65" so you can run most cans with a 14.5" barrel.  The Gen 2 14"s are 14.25" and thus too long and require a 14.7" barrel...  But, with the 14" Gen 1 you also have the mis-aligned vent holes/rail panel holes too so you have to decide if that would bother you...  If the Gen 2 and later mods were back to Gen 1 length I would have upgraded already, but I'm not swapping barrels just to run a Gen 2 lol.  I may swap back to a Larue 13.2" anyway...

Gen 1 14" (13.65") with Surefire Socom RC - older pic but shows the gap of a Gen 1/14.5"

https://i.imgur.com/BT5OfUU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/U8fHiPoh.jpg
View Quote
Good info, mine is brand new in the tube. Just was considering selling it since I haven't used it on anything
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 10:00:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Fyi a 11.3 ba hanson barrel is too short for a 10.5 cmr with a direct thread supressor.  The cmr actually measures 10.6 long. Now I need to sell it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 6:31:06 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
How to tell gen1 from gen2?
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Frens:

How to tell gen1 from gen2?
View Quote
The Gen 2 has lightening cuts and uses a different barrel nut I believe, the Gen 1 doesn’t have lightening cuts.  However, there are newer Gen 1 rails that use the newer barrel nut that Weapon Outfitters have had for a while that also has a little more internal room for gas block clearance.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I have 2014 and 2018 production Sentry 7 (set screw) gas blocks that are not compatible with the CMR P/N 01111.

What is the deal?
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By AR_DairyFarmer:
I have 2014 and 2018 production Sentry 7 (set screw) gas blocks that are not compatible with the CMR P/N 01111.

What is the deal?
View Quote
I have used one on a CMR 9.5" with no issues
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 9:24:21 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
Que? The block doesn't touch at all?

There is clearance on the bottom, but the curved portion interferes with the rail.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#35]

There is clearance on the bottom, but the curved portion interferes with the rail.  
View Quote
Nope, mine works fine. Sentry 7 on DD 10.3” barrel
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm thinking of getting the CMR 308/7.62 12" rail for a build I'm going to do. There were some posts earlier that were talking about the handguard moving foward on the barrel nut and that there was a gen 2 barrel nut that prevented this from happening. Does anyone have pictures of the two different 308 CMR barrel nuts for reference? I may pin and weld the flash hider on this build and need to make sure it has the correct, updated barrel nut before doing so.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 7:53:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lwbyo1] [#37]
I received my CMR .308/7.62 rail today. Is this a Gen 1 or Gen 2 barrel nut?

Link Posted: 6/5/2018 11:55:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GHOS7] [#38]
Just scored a 13.5 mlok CMR for $203 on optics planet. It was the second to last one available. Other sizes had only one or two left in stock also.

A couple questions;

I have a couple Geissele GBs and a YHM GB, does anyone know if they will work with the mlok CMR?

Will a Geissele barrel nut tool work with a CMR barrel nut?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 8:18:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lwbyo1] [#39]
Well for anyone interested, I heard back from Centurion Arms today and this is a Gen 1 barrel nut for the 7.62 CMR rail. Corrie is shipping me out an updated one and a wrench. Great customer service.

This rail was purchased from Rainier Arms last week, so apparently they must have some old stock. So if you order one from them, just be prepared that you may have to get an updated nut from Centurion before installing.

Link Posted: 6/8/2018 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By lwbyo1:
Well for anyone interested, I heard back from Centurion Arms today and this is a Gen 1 barrel nut for the 7.62 CMR rail. Corrie is shipping me out an updated one and a wrench. Great customer service.

This rail was purchased from Rainier Arms last week, so apparently the must have some old stock. So if you order one from them, just be prepared that you may have to get an updated nut from Centurion before installing.

https://i.imgur.com/l8zYL59.jpg?1
View Quote
Wow, I ordered a 7.62 rail from them over 2 years ago and had the same issue. They must be sitting on a mountain of those rails. The first one I had from them was also crooked
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Wow, I ordered a 7.62 rail from them over 2 years ago and had the same issue. They must be sitting on a mountain of those rails. The first one I had from them was also crooked
View All Quotes

This rail was purchased from Rainier Arms last week, so apparently the must have some old stock. So if you order one from them, just be prepared that you may have to get an updated nut from Centurion before installing.

Yeah, it was the posts between you and Jeeper21 a couple pages back that prompted me to inquire about it. I'm glad I did.

I was so focused on the barrel nut I only glanced over the rail when I received it. I'll definitely have to give it a more thorough looking over later to make sure it's not bent.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 7:01:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burntrubber87] [#42]
So i have a 18" faxon gunner with rifle length gas..i'm running a superlative .625 adj gas block. I want to get a 13" mlok CMR rail but i'm not sure if my block will clear the ID of the rail..i think alittle bit of gas block poke-out looks cool, goes along with my SPRish build.

Rainier arms or the centurion website to order? I can't get over the cmr's look with the little covers..
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 3:38:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Has no one tried to use a YHM low pro GB on a CMR?
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 1:20:06 AM EDT
[#44]

This rail was purchased from Rainier Arms last week, so apparently they must have some old stock. So if you order one from them, just be prepared that you may have to get an updated nut from Centurion before installing.

View Quote
She told me that was the gen 2 barrel nut for 7.62 .
I would really like to see the differences between the gen 1 and the gen 2. I put mine together a few months ago, and it's going to be a bear to get back apart if it's the wrong nut.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Going to move my 13" Geissele MK14 over to a new 13.7" build and I think I'll replace it with one of the new Gen 1 CMR's. It's a 16" barrel so I'm thinking the 14" CMR is the right choice. Anyone running the same combo?
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 1:11:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By kb1:
I would really like to see the differences between the gen 1 and the gen 2. I put mine together a few months ago, and it's going to be a bear to get back apart if it's the wrong nut.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kb1:

This is the new nut that was sent to me.

Link Posted: 8/12/2018 12:56:55 AM EDT
[#47]

Dont die
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:42:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:36:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oxbcat] [#49]

View Quote

View Quote
Here is my SLR Sentry 7 Set Screw Gas block on a 11.5" Noveske Barrel under an Original 9.5" CMR.

Its really, really close

The side plate has the least amount of clearance. But it doesn't touch. Now I don't know if there is contact while firing, Or when a suppressor is hanging off the barrel.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 12:16:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top