Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 6:18:33 AM EDT
[#1]
So this is the bcg in stock thread of sorts? In my search for a backup lower, I've become paranoid about my bcg someday falling (on my upper...that I haven't even received yet Lol), so I feel like I need a backup bcg in case they get banned.

Will monitor this thread...and post if I find any.
PS ad mentioned, the individual components are in stock some places. Which component of my bcg would be most likely to fail?
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 6:27:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So this is the bcg in stock thread of sorts? In my search for a backup lower, I've become paranoid about my bcg someday falling (on my upper...that I haven't even received yet Lol), so I feel like I need a backup bcg in case they get banned.

PS ad mentioned, the individual components are in stock some places. Which component of my bcg would be most likely to fail?

The bolt, firing pin and rings.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 8:02:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Why would BCGs be banned?
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
so I feel like I need a backup bcg in case they get banned.

"Parts Paranoia" is the reason I can't find just one BCG to finish my first and only build.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Sir,  try to find one at EE, this is only option for now IMHO, but you need some bucks for almost twice prices.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is something I want to know as I wasn't part of the hobby during that time as I was in my teens.  Will the parts still be able to be made by the manufactures?   If that's the case and all parts can still be made except the lowers then why is there the panic buying?  I can see for lowers as it's the only part that has a serial number and would have to be "registered" if things move forward. I would assume things like flash hiders, buffer tubes and collapsible stocks would be banned, I guess barrels that are threaded too.  But things like LPKs, BCGs and charging handles would be good to go.

Link Posted: 1/6/2013 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would mags be banned? If some liberals were to get their way, the transfer and sale of everything AR related would be banned. Who knows how things will turn out...
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would mags be banned? If some liberals were to get their way, the transfer and sale of everything AR related would be banned. Who knows how things will turn out...

Mags and BCG's are two totally different things.  I'm not understanding why small parts like BCG's would be banned.  Were they in the 1994 ban?
Link Posted: 1/7/2013 5:47:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Mags and BCG's are two totally different things.  I'm not understanding why small parts like BCG's would be banned.  Were they in the 1994 ban?

No, small parts of bolts, etc were not banned the first time around. But that doesn't mean anything related to what we are facing now though.

Link Posted: 1/7/2013 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#10]
"Parts Paranoia" is the reason I can't find just one BCG to finish my first and only build.  

I feel your pain.  I am just finishing my first build as well.  I got my lower last November just before all the stuff happened.  Even the gun show first of December had no real bargains.
I was planning on installing the Osprey Defense OPS-416 piston kit but can't even find the pieces to complete the carrier included in the kit - might just return it.

Good luck with your build.

Peace
Mark
Link Posted: 1/7/2013 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Joe bob's now has this one in stock
http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/JoeBobOutfitters_Cera_Plated_Complete_Bolt_Carrier_p/jb-ceraplatebcg.htm
Link Posted: 1/7/2013 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/JoeBobOutfitters_Cera_Plated_Complete_Bolt_Carrier_p/jb-ceraplatebcg.htm

Thank you so much man.....That got me a completed AR Build.  It can't get here soon enough.

Now on to the other important part of owning an AR15.....Ammo  
Link Posted: 1/7/2013 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Glad I could help. Let me know when you find that ammo, I could use some.
Link Posted: 1/7/2013 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#14]
First saw the Joebob BCG in Discussion. Thanks to those who pointed it out. I quickly ordered on my phone
I've had an order with RGUNS before Xmas but don't have a lot of faith. Just need to find a nice 14.5 barrel to complete my build.

Keep your eye on http://www.slickguns.com/today during the day, there's acceptable deals on ammo that will pop up for a few mins.
Link Posted: 1/7/2013 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

sold out
Link Posted: 1/7/2013 7:11:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks Drmtsu !!!
Got one
Link Posted: 1/7/2013 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

THANK YOU!  I managed to get one ordered before they sold out!  You are a God among men!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2013 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Really was super priced for nowdays
Link Posted: 1/7/2013 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Yup that was a good deal, I got my order in for one just in time. I was in such a hurry to order I forgot to add a charging handle and the 5% off code.
Link Posted: 1/7/2013 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I received emails from Fail Zero and WMD today and was set to buy from one of them till I got Drmtsu's message.  WMD said if I order before Weds, the BCG will go out before the month is over.  They charge your card when you order.  Fail Zero said that that they are backed up 3-4 weeks, but they don't charge your card till it ships.  Either one seems like a good route.
Link Posted: 1/7/2013 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn, that really sucks!!! I look at this thread as many times as I can a day and missed another one.............
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 4:38:44 AM EDT
[#22]
There is BCM BCG recently listed on eBay for $300.  Yes yes I know this is quite expensive, but much better than 400-450.
Listing 160952076192 , seems seller has more than one, 100% feedback. Please note, I am not affiliated with seller!
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 6:43:37 AM EDT
[#23]
How's the quality of RGUNS BCG's?
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:40:34 AM EDT
[#24]
they are not made by rguns, they are made by another "big supplier". They appear to be of good quuailty to me. From what I have ready they are mil spec.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:00:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
they are not made by rguns, they are made by another "big supplier". They appear to be of good quuailty to me. From what I have ready they are mil spec.

I'd love to get a BCM or DD if I can but I've ordered an rgunsv in case I can't. Just wondering if I even need to be concerned about the difference in quality?
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 3:47:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I received emails from Fail Zero and WMD today and was set to buy from one of them till I got Drmtsu's message.  WMD said if I order before Weds, the BCG will go out before the month is over.  They charge your card when you order.  Fail Zero said that that they are backed up 3-4 weeks, but they don't charge your card till it ships.  Either one seems like a good route.

WMD stopped taking orders for BCGs... Dammit! BTW, what did Fail Zeros email say? I want to order a NiB BCG ASAP and have already emailed them with no reply.

ZA
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#27]
I just got an in stock notification email from Joe Bob Outfitters that their Cera-Plated Complete Bolt Carrier Group is in stock again.  I clicked on it, but it still shows as being on order with no ETA.  I placed an order anyway.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#28]
BCM had BCGs in stock today.  Of course I missed it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I've been looking at there site all day. I got an email at 1:19 pm MT time and have been trying to get in touch with them ever since. They website was never updated to "IN STOCK".
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I also got this mail and checked 3 min later - out of stock.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Just keep an eye out in EE and they will be there next week for double the price. This shit is stupid! This is all I'm missing for my build and I refuse to pay double the price for one. Guess I'll need to wait until my BO from Midway comes in next month.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 12:08:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They were in stock at 12:20 MST. I got the email at 1:49 MST. FML......
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 12:19:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you know Sir when these were in stock?  Just for my interest... or just you was at Website at 12:20?
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Just keep an eye out in EE and they will be there next week for double the price. This shit is stupid! This is all I'm missing for my build and I refuse to pay double the price for one. Guess I'll need to wait until my BO from Midway comes in next month.

Yup I agree. It might be good idea for Bravo to make Backorder, this prevent these dirty hucksters dirty play.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been looking at there site all day. I got an email at 1:19 pm MT time and have been trying to get in touch with them ever since. They website was never updated to "IN STOCK".

Yes it was; they sold out an hour before you got that e-mail though. They had them in stock for 18 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 12:31:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yes it was; they sold out an hour before you got that e-mail though. They had them in stock for 18 minutes.

I wonder how you  know this guys :)  Where is mentioned when it was  In Stock an how many minutes?
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 12:34:53 PM EDT
[#37]
I almost had one
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#38]
I guess this isn't a BCG in stock thread. I might as well post a useless " I too didn't get a BCM BCG because the email was too late" post too.
Consider it my useless bump and email notification that a post was placed in this topic.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you know Sir when these were in stock?  Just for my interest... or just you was at Website at 12:20?

That's a trade secret don't you know
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder how you  know this guys :)  Where is mentioned when it was  In Stock an how many minutes?

I had the day off work, so I hit refresh every 5 seconds this morning. The moment they came in stock, I bought one. I then refreshed every minute to see how long they stayed in stock. 18 minutes later, it went from "In Stock" to "Out of Stock."

No magic here.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same thing here, I got the email at 12:12mtn time, went straight to the sight, and....already out of stock.  Looks like I missed by a friggin' mile by being an hour late.  FML, I only want one to finish my goddamn build.  

I have kept Rainer Arms, & BCM up daily, with constant refreshes on their BCG and Lower Receiver sections, I have email notifications setup.  But I had to step away for a few minutes.  Fuck.

KingOfTheBumps

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Hell, I didn't get an email from BCM  until almost 4!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Hell, I didn't get an email from BCM  until almost 4!!!

Me either, it was about 3:50PM.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#44]
For what its worth, this just came up on slickguns:

http://www.slickguns.com/product/thunderstreak-m4-16-mil-spec-upper-550

It comes with a complete BCG.  I bought one just for the BCG, and I'll sell the remaining upper.

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Update:  Out of Stock.  Only a computer glitch made them appear as available.  Guess I won't be getting my BCG after all.

Quoted:
For what its worth, this just came up on slickguns:

http://www.slickguns.com/product/thunderstreak-m4-16-mil-spec-upper-550

It comes with a complete BCG.  I bought one just for the BCG, and I'll sell the remaining upper.

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Anyone ever here of Kom Tactical? They supposedly have 186 Black Rain BCG's in stock for $269 (which isn't too horrible considering my local shop usually stocks them for $239). I'm just afraid its a scam.

http://www.komtactical.com/product_p/bro-bcg.htm

If this isn't legit, and I am beginning more and more to think that, it could be a growing trend, so be wary of "upstarts".

thanks
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Sounds strange to me. The stock is still the same as when you posted...

also, they have

5102 CMMG lower parts kits in stock
561 CMMG 22 LR conversions in stock
The claim to have PMAGs in stock

Very few things are out of stock. And the quantities of items are astronomical for a few things, for a site I've never heard of. If you can get them on the phone, you could place an order. Otherwise I would pass
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#48]
And you cant contact them..............according to the site

However :+408.493 5486 is the supposed number to guy who pays the bill for the site.

At this adress :

Elvia Vella
KOM TACTICAL
700 S Abel St

Domain Name: KOMTACTICAL.COM
Registrar: VOLUSION, INC.
Whois Server: whois.volusion.com
Referral URL: http://www.volusion.com
Name Server: NS3.VOLUSION.COM
Name Server: NS4.VOLUSION.COM
Updated Date: 09-nov-2012
Creation Date: 01-sep-2012
Expiration Date: 01-sep-2013
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Very shady site with tons of broken links and no info on the About Us page.  I wouldn't even give them my email address.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Awesome. Ordered a WMD guns BCG last week and it shipped today. I ordered a Fail Zero one a month ago and haven't heard anything since.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top