Link Posted: 11/14/2012 5:50:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Idk how the gen 1 was but on the gen 2 it has a groove for a ball bearing detent slide into. It seems to hold in place pretty well but if i were to take off running with it i could see it coming unfolded.

Same here, but I also see it as a complete non-issue, personally.
Since it can't be fired/charged/operated in any way while folded, the only time I wil have it folded is to stow it.
If I have it out of the bag/case/whatever to sling or use, the very first thing I am going to do is unfold it.

Well you would hate to be pulling it out of the case one day, one-handed, not paying attention, and it swing around and pinch the piss out of your finger...
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 1:38:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well you would hate to be pulling it out of the case one day, one-handed, not paying attention, and it swing around and pinch the piss out of your finger...

Yes, I would hate that... but I do always try to pay attention when handling firearms.

I'm glad I broke down and bought this thing. It is a lot of money but you are getting a quality piece plus it's got that coolness factor.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Is there a way to attach a sling mount to this thing?
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

QD Stud on the bottom of the adapter
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

QD Stud on the bottom of the adapter

Yea, saw that right after I posted.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Well this adapter has about 4k rounds through it; mostly 5.56 but also 7.62x39 and 300blk.  Majority of the rounds where shot in one of Travis Haley's carbine class and no issues/malfunctions through those 4k rounds.
Since I got this adapter I have thought about seeing if I can get this to work on my 9mm upper.  Those that have a 9mm upper know that the BCG is different from a standard BCG.  
You can't stick the LAW adapter BCG insert in the back of a 9mm bcg.  Or so I thought.  Upon closer inspection, you can see the bcg rear is not a solid one piece.  Instead the center is held in place by a roll pin.
Upon remove the roll pin, it let me remove that said piece.  I than cut off enough of it off(appox. 11/16in.) so that I can still reinstall it and use the roll pin.  
After putting the center piece back in the bcg, I measured off how much I have to cut on the LAW adapter insert.
Haven't shot it yet but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

rear of 9mm bcg unmodified

modified LAW insert

bcg and insert

suppressed 9mm
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I like this. Any pictures on a 14.5 folded and fixed?
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Two followed me home today. I am going to put one on my pistol and one on my rifle. Pistol will fold to 18.5" and rifle to 26". Will post pics tomorrow after the install at the range.

ETA-Pics

Link Posted: 12/13/2012 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#12]
anyone heard from this seller? i bought one around 15 Nov and havent heard a word. i know he said he was backed up, and im fine with that, just wondering.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 4:11:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well this adapter has about 4k rounds through it; mostly 5.56 but also 7.62x39 and 300blk.  Majority of the rounds where shot in one of Travis Haley's carbine class and no issues/malfunctions through those 4k rounds.
Since I got this adapter I have thought about seeing if I can get this to work on my 9mm upper.  Those that have a 9mm upper know that the BCG is different from a standard BCG.  
You can't stick the LAW adapter BCG insert in the back of a 9mm bcg.  Or so I thought.  Upon closer inspection, you can see the bcg rear is not a solid one piece.  Instead the center is held in place by a roll pin.
Upon remove the roll pin, it let me remove that said piece.  I than cut off enough of it off(appox. 11/16in.) so that I can still reinstall it and use the roll pin.  
After putting the center piece back in the bcg, I measured off how much I have to cut on the LAW adapter insert.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6295/imag0201m.jpg

modified LAW insert
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7044/imag0203n.jpg

bcg and insert

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9551/imag0204c.jpg

suppressed 9mm
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7082/imag0205gi.jpg

Any range report on this mod yet? I was worried making the bolt lighter might affect the cycling since generally the rule is you want a heavier bolt and buffer for 9mm. I was thinking about making my own extention on the lathe and drill and tap the bolt carrier weight to mount it. My 9mm is the only gun I would want this for since I already have a bufferless 5.56 OA93 upper.

Link Posted: 1/23/2013 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I just received a Law Tactical adaptor, and the Bolt Carrier Extention doesnt fit in my Noveske Bolt Carrier ! Anyone had a same problem?
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 11:54:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just received a Law Tactical adaptor, and the Bolt Carrier Extention doesnt fit in my Noveske Bolt Carrier ! Anyone had a same problem?

I've heard of the problem, the carrier ID is non-standard on some brands...
How much interference? Can you turn down the adapter or have a shop do it?
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6295/imag0201m.jpg

modified LAW insert
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7044/imag0203n.jpg

bcg and insert

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9551/imag0204c.jpg

suppressed 9mm
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7082/imag0205gi.jpg

Any range report on this mod yet? I was worried making the bolt lighter might affect the cycling since generally the rule is you want a heavier bolt and buffer for 9mm. I was thinking about making my own extention on the lathe and drill and tap the bolt carrier weight to mount it. My 9mm is the only gun I would want this for since I already have a bufferless 5.56 OA93 upper.

The insert itself was heavier than the piece I cut off.  No issues yet.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I had the same problem with my Daniel Defense carrier.  Had to swap to a BCM one.
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 2:49:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Tag for more reviews.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone know if the adaptor is compatible with the PWS billet buffer tube?
It has a unique extended buffer retaining pin design...
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top