Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 5:30:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2010 5:31:50 AM EDT by Lindy_Hoppin_Gun_Nut]
Dear ARFCOM:

I honestly cannot stand the A-2 stock - it is just too long for me and I also hate the look. Is there a "drop in" replacement out there, something that is about the A-1 length?

By "drop in" I mean something that I can just install without having to remove the buffer tube (I know how to turn screws, but that's about it )

Mucho Dank!

ETA: I was thinking about the ACE stock - what does ARFCOM think about that stock?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:37:39 AM EDT
There are lots of stocks that will mount directly to your buffer tube. All are a simple to replace and come with instructions.

I don't have specific recomendations as that is all personal choice on what you like the looks of. Ace is fine, I have never owned one.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:46:32 AM EDT
VLTOR makes a nice rifle length stock.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:07:56 AM EDT
If you want an A1 length, just order an A1...

http://model1sales.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=465

P.S.- They use the same buffer tube, just a different spacer.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:27:24 AM EDT
Thank you for the help, folks. I will definitely look into the VLTOR and.....I don't know about the A-1 stock. I am very vain (I think I am half woman) and looks do matter to me even when it comes to weapons and I hate the look of A-1 stock just as much as I hate the appearance of the A-2 stock. I am crazy, I know.

That ACE stock is also very appealing - I know a joint "close" to me (about 50 miles away) that sells one. Maybe I should drive there and check it out.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:29:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Quarterbore:
There are lots of stocks that will mount directly to your buffer tube. All are a simple to replace and come with instructions.

I don't have specific recomendations as that is all personal choice on what you like the looks of. Ace is fine, I have never owned one.

So Ace is a "drop in" type replacement? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:55:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By buckshot1220:
If you want an A1 length, just order an A1...

http://model1sales.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=465

P.S.- They use the same buffer tube, just a different don't use the spacer & use the shorter A1 stock screw.

Fixed it for you.
Top Top