Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 124 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:52:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: strangejames] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By slipjett:
First Spec War upper showed up on GB
View Quote

That dumb bitch bought one just to resell.
Fuck that bitch with a rusty pitchfork.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:59:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By strangejames:

View Quote

It would be awesome if she only got the one bid. It cost her $939 plus shipping. At $1,000 minus $42 in Gunbroker selling fees she would be losing money on it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Not something you see often. Supposed to be an Air Force TACP with a personally purchased upper and optic.

pic taken from the_silent_reapers IG.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
Not something you see often. Supposed to be an Air Force TACP with a personally purchased upper and optic.

pic taken from the_silent_reapers IG.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/262192/TACPLMT_png-1854842.JPG
View Quote

🍆
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 4:01:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By strangejames:

View Quote

Speaking of this type of thing, anyone else notice that V1 Tactical recently changed all their LMT stuff to Biden prices?
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By BNW:

Speaking of this type of thing, anyone else notice that V1 Tactical recently changed all their LMT stuff to Biden prices?
View Quote

LMT also raised their prices on their website. I suspect V1, Titan Defense, PA, etc will follow suit as inventory is restocked.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:16:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By hobbez84:

LMT also raised their prices on their website. I suspect V1, Titan Defense, PA, etc will follow suit as inventory is restocked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BNW:

Interesting. I noticed Aero and DD have restocked stuff several times recently at pretty much normal prices.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Another "lost" pic.

Link Posted: 3/7/2021 1:31:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#9]

View Quote

Daaamn I’ve been sitting on a couple mrp barrels for a rainy day. $539 for a new one is steep!
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Happy 308 day.

I should've set up my real camera for this one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 1:41:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slipjett] [#11]
Just unboxed the MRP-H MLOK 15.5 upper receiver and at first glance, what a shitty anodizing job. I’ll put it together and add pics, but without it being right in front of me at the moment, what a let down for a premium price. Oh well, it will just be a tool and I’ll get over it, but damn that price, lol.

" />
" />" />
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 2:24:44 AM EDT
[#12]
That sucks to hear. What about the finish sucks? Hard to tell from the pictures.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Tengo1:
That sucks to hear. What about the finish sucks? Hard to tell from the pictures.
View Quote

Best description is that taking it out of the box, it looked as though someone had already mounted optics, lights, lasers and dildos all along the rail cause I could see bare aluminum. Didn't want to bitch to LMT cause their products have always been top notch and only one time have I had to use their warranty without a hiccup. But, I did call and was told that these were "pre-production" and that they had been mocked up blah blah blah and I pointed out I understood what pre-production meant, but nowhere in their item description did they say that pre-production will have some worn anodizing cause the guys in the back were testing all the uppers that we are selling for thirteen hundred and forty fucking dollars. Anyways, sorry to be THAT guy, but here are some pics...

" />
" />
" />
" />
" />

Might not be much, but you don't expect that when it's nowhere in the description. Guess I'll use my cerakoting guy here. Good luck to everyone else.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 3:15:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ACPjunkie] [#14]
Let my rifle bounce down 3 miles if desert road to get to get out to my shooting spot. First time shooting this one since January 2020, quick zero check with the factory 18in SS 5.56 tube and then installed the D. Wilson converted 18in Satern 6.5G barrel. I. impressed, shows real promise.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
5.56 on the left, 6.5G conversion on the right. Its only 25M, but I'm certainly not upset.

5.56 on the left, 6.5G on the right. I'm pretty rusty in general after not shooting much since January 2020 so I'm willing to say that the barrel is more accurate than this 5 shot group indicates.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/11/2021 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Jerusalem:

Isn't the TA11 just perfect on the MWS?

Here are some of my LMTs, including a MARS-H with an ADCO lightened barrel and TA11:

https://i.imgur.com/m5pxDrj.jpg?1

So glad I discovered this thread!
View Quote

What's the weight on that ADCO lightened barrel?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Someone wanted a Spec War upper bad.....

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#17]

https://i.imgur.com/gLNGOp8.png
View Quote

Honestly that's in the realm of what I'd pay lol
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 3:29:49 PM EDT
[#18]

https://i.imgur.com/gLNGOp8.png
View Quote

I had never even heard of it until I saw that auction, but screw that.
I was looking for an MLR upper, and judging by that price, yeah I'll stick with looking for an MLR.
I just wish that the MLR and MLC had rotation limited QD sockets!
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By jtdam24:

Honestly that's in the realm of what I'd pay lol
View Quote

Good thing they are making more. I slept thru the auction thank the Lord, so it helped spend my pennies on a full size KAC 556QDC I’ve been holding out for that just came up on the EE.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 5:00:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Just to check, will the LMT MLR upper work with a 14" barrel (not 14.5)? I'm thinking yes, but just wanted to see if anyone had experience with that. Muzzle device would be SilencerCo ASR.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 12:25:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Scrapple:
Just to check, will the LMT MLR upper work with a 14" barrel (not 14.5)? I'm thinking yes, but just wanted to see if anyone had experience with that. Muzzle device would be SilencerCo ASR.
View Quote

This is just a photo of a 14.5" barrel, but I'm going to say yes you'll be fine...
" />
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a converted Criterion 13.9 inch barrel.

ZERO issues.  Looks amazing and has plenty of clearance for my Dead Air Keymo equipped cans.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:27:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By slipjett:

This is just a photo of a 14.5" barrel, but I'm going to say yes you'll be fine...
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51040028241_bcc1a964e9_b.jpg" target="_blank">https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51040028241_bcc1a964e9_b.jpg
View Quote

Do you have any info on those Mlok rail covers?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By INTrooper4255:

Do you have any info on those Mlok rail covers?

Thanks
View Quote

Yes, those are the 3 slot Railscales G10 XOS in the minidot pattern.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:
I have a converted Criterion 13.9 inch barrel.

ZERO issues.  Looks amazing and has plenty of clearance for my Dead Air Keymo equipped cans.
View Quote

I’m curious if you grouped it yet and what kind of accuracy you are seeing
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Wishful thinking..

Anyone know where I can find a CSW upper?  I just need the upper.  Thinking about a custom project with a 7" 300 blackout barrel and a Griffin GP7 or similar suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By m6z:
Wishful thinking..

Anyone know where I can find a CSW upper?  I just need the upper.  Thinking about a custom project with a 7" 300 blackout barrel and a Griffin GP7 or similar suppressor.
View Quote

@m6z I have a new one that I’d consider letting go. IM sent.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:03:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Just getting into LMT uppers. I have a CQB chassis on the way.
For an upper that will be suppressed 100% of the time (Rex MG7), would you go with the 11.5" DI or the 12" piston?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

I’m curious if you grouped it yet and what kind of accuracy you are seeing
View Quote

I haven't yet as the barrel itself shoots like shit.  I don't like the recoil characteristics with the current setup so i'm still playing around with that.

Dead Air Brake/Vltor A5H1/Sprinco Green Spring.

Gas port measured .073 if i recall correctly.

Criterion makes a nice product.  I'm sure it will group well but the best I would be able to test it with would be 55 grain Wolf Gold or 55 Grain Speer gold dot.  Not exactly match ammo.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Tyrensy:
For an upper that will be suppressed 100% of the time (Rex MG7), would you go with the 11.5" DI or the 12" piston?
View Quote

I have an 11.5 inch criterion barrel that was converted by DWilson.

With the 11.5 inch carbine gas barrel and a .073 sized gas port the gun has zero blowback and functions really well with both my Dead Air Sandman K as well as my Rex MG7 .358 bore.  I am running an A5H1 with a Sprinco green and the gun shoots very softly.

I don't see the point of piston uppers in 5.56.  They recoil harshly and they dont bring anything to the table once you add in a suppressor.  The illusion that they run "cleaner" is just that, an illusion.  I have some absolutely, positively FILTHY DI uppers that I run 100% suppressed without issue.  Add lube, go to town.  Having said that, the LMT Piston system is nicely designed so if that's your cup of tea, rock out.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Tyrensy:
View Quote

BRT makes MRP-specific straight gas tubes for dedicated suppressor use. I bought one for my future MLC pistol.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 10:30:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#34]
Finally got my ballistics dialed in. I was originally disappointed with the CL accuracy (1.2- 1.5 moa) considering my .625 Hanson and triarc barrels are shooting 1”, but was having really good success at 650 on 12” steel. Guess you can’t be mad about that.

Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#36]
https://i.imgur.com/KRILr2o.jpg
View Quote

Is that a cut down stainless barrel
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:16:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tengo1] [#37]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

Is that a cut down stainless barrel
View Quote

No. Standard chrome moly. I want a stainless one though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 11:05:46 PM EDT
[#38]

No. Standard chrome moly. I want a stainless one though.
View Quote

The only thing I don’t like about mine is how it zeroes. It’s 1.3 mil adjustment for 77gr and then another 1 mil from there for other ammo. Problem with that is on 1-X optics the 1x clarity will turn to shit if you wander too far from the optics natural zero. It’s not bad just gives me a headache on 1x when I use that barrel. Question for me is do I even use it on 1x enough to even care, that’s why I’ve never sold it. It does drive tacks though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Hey guys, does anyone know anymore details or have a link about the new 12.5 mid barrel they're supposed to be releasing?

Also, has anyone here had a mid length gas barrel in a CQB MRP chassis? I'm trying to see if the rail will cover the gas block, and if not, whether it would be an issue or not.  I know the Specwar upper is supposed to be coming, but I want to stick with the quad rail CQB uppers I have.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By waddlingweezol:
Hey guys, does anyone know anymore details or have a link about the new 12.5 mid barrel they're supposed to be releasing?

Also, has anyone here had a mid length gas barrel in a CQB MRP chassis? I'm trying to see if the rail will cover the gas block, and if not, whether it would be an issue or not.  I know the Specwar upper is supposed to be coming, but I want to stick with the quad rail CQB uppers I have.
View Quote

Gasblock exposed. That’s what allows you to switch operating systems as well
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By waddlingweezol:

View Quote

The gas block will be exposed.  Its a non issue if you have a pinned block.  The 16 inch barrels in the CQB chassis have exposed blocks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#42]
^ That's right... I completely forgot about the 16" MRP's... I feel like an idiot now haha. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#43]
I think I'm "done" with this one.
After a few range trips to verify, I'd like to make it #1 in the stack.

Very happy with the fitment of everything.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 12:18:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Finally done.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 8:58:21 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote
You zero'ed your MAWL yet?

Link Posted: 4/1/2021 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ACPjunkie:
You zero'ed your MAWL yet?

View Quote

That's the next step, just got it mounted this week.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 12:01:40 PM EDT
[#47]
bring whatever tools you need to remove the flashlight

The adjustment for the MAWL is inaccessible with the flashlight there.

I did the same thing

Link Posted: 4/1/2021 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ACPjunkie:
bring whatever tools you need to remove the flashlight

The adjustment for the MAWL is inaccessible with the flashlight there.

I did the same thing

View Quote

Yeah, i specifically went with the 640 so that I could rotate stuff out of the way
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 8:26:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Did the New Zealand military only use ACOGs on our rifles?
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By firepyro515:

Yeah, i specifically went with the 640 so that I could rotate stuff out of the way
View Quote
Smart,

I neglected to realize my error until AFTER I was at the range, at night. And of course I didnt have my real tool kit with me,
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 124 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top