Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 107 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spdrcrgts:
@StevieJ309

The contour of the Railscales is a perfect match for the MLR. Virtually zero gap on the angled edges. Also as can be seen, when using panels on both sides along with the bottom, the panels line up with no gap. Whereas my KAC SR25 URX4 leaves space between each panel as the OD of the M-LOK rail is larger.

They are 3 slot panels.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

@spdrcrgts

How well do the panels match the contour of the rail? Also are those 3 slot or 4? Thanks!
@StevieJ309

The contour of the Railscales is a perfect match for the MLR. Virtually zero gap on the angled edges. Also as can be seen, when using panels on both sides along with the bottom, the panels line up with no gap. Whereas my KAC SR25 URX4 leaves space between each panel as the OD of the M-LOK rail is larger.

They are 3 slot panels.
Awesome. They do look like a perfect fit on the M-LOK chassis. I've been looking for something to put on my MLC and these may just fit the bill.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 8:29:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RotorWash109] [#2]
My slick upper and completed mars so far. Thinking of pulling my 16 barrel from my cqb mlok and putting it in this. Keeping it either stock or having it cut to 14.5. Wouldn’t mind making my cqb an sbr but short MRP barrels are RARE.

I honestly like the feel of the slick and 1913 uppers I have better than my mlok. Guess I’m weird.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By RotorWash109:
My slick upper and completed mars so far. Thinking of pulling my 16 barrel from my cqb mlok and putting it in this. Keeping it either stock or having it cut to 14.5. Wouldn’t mind making my cqb an sbr but short MRP barrels are RARE.

I honestly like the feel of the slick and 1913 uppers I have better than my mlok. Guess I’m weird.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/500236/628624B4-79C8-4B01-A33C-7ABE7C17DE8B_jpe-1279096.JPG
View Quote
I'm just waiting for my upper/barrel conversion to come back from Dave so I can shoot it. I'm about to Form 1 the lower. I was just telling my brother an hour ago that on the LMT stuff, I think I prefer the look of the 1913 upper over the Mlok chassis.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Nutro:
I'm just waiting for my upper/barrel conversion to come back from Dave so I can shoot it. I'm about to Form 1 the lower. I was just telling my brother an hour ago that on the LMT stuff, I think I prefer the look of the 1913 upper over the Mlok chassis.
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/500236/628624B4-79C8-4B01-A33C-7ABE7C17DE8B_jpe-1279096.JPG
Great minds think alike?

What barrel and length are you having him do? I’m kind of waiting for feedback to see if this will be a good route to take.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Great minds think alike?

What barrel and length are you having him do? I’m kind of waiting for feedback to see if this will be a good route to take.
View Quote
I had an extra BA Hanson 11.3 so I sent that. It's a nice thin lightweight barrel so I'm hoping to reduce the weight a little. He should be done with it soon. I think he said 2-3 week lead time
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I had an extra BA Hanson 11.3 so I sent that. It's a nice thin lightweight barrel so I'm hoping to reduce the weight a little. He should be done with it soon. I think he said 2-3 week lead time
View All Quotes

Great minds think alike?

Not a bad wait time at all. Anybody had a pin and weld job done by him and if so how was it?
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Not a bad wait time at all. Anybody had a pin and weld job done by him and if so how was it?
View Quote
I’ve had him pin/weld a 5.56 and a 308 MAMS. Both look excellent and the turnaround was within a day or two.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
Nice looking build.

I like the LM8 uppers the best as well. The CMR rail covers feel even better than the LM8 rubber panels. They add a little extra width, provides some heat standoff, and protects the rail better.

My 16" is currently getting chopped by Dave to 13.7-13.9" I believe. It will fit flush with a SF Suppressor.

I'll post some photos as soon as it comes in.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote
The ones I've seen pics of? Amazing
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 12:45:35 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
@RotorWash109. Is that a knights trigger guard on the MARS lower?
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 2:05:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Tengo1:
View All Quotes

Yea it is. I liked it so much more than the lmt version, so this lower needed it. I hand filed it to fit the lower. A mars lowers ears are slightly longer than standard. A square or tri file work the best here. I went very slow and used a marker for witness marks when fitting it. Make sure to keep the corners at a nice 45 degree angle.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By domestique1:

Nice looking build.

I like the LM8 uppers the best as well. The CMR rail covers feel even better than the LM8 rubber panels. They add a little extra width, provides some heat standoff, and protects the rail better.

My 16" is currently getting chopped by Dave to 13.7-13.9" I believe. It will fit flush with a SF Suppressor.

I'll post some photos as soon as it comes in.
View Quote
Let me know how it runs too please when you get it
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Yea it is. I liked it so much more than the lmt version, so this lower needed it. I hand filed it to fit the lower. A mars lowers ears are slightly longer than standard. A square or tri file work the best here. I went very slow and used a marker for witness marks when fitting it. Make sure to keep the corners at a nice 45 degree angle.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/500236/C62BC7B8-B13C-474B-B4DB-DA398577A915_jpe-1279580.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/500236/4985E686-8E3B-4C1D-BD23-66F819F43020_jpe-1279581.JPG
View Quote
The KAC trigger guard is my favorite. I've had to fit them both to my MARS-L and H lowers. Not a big deal, just take some time with a file and some alumablack to clean up afterwards.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Another great oldie.

Link Posted: 2/17/2020 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
The KAC trigger guard is my favorite. I've had to fit them both to my MARS-L and H lowers. Not a big deal, just take some time with a file and some alumablack to clean up afterwards.
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/500236/C62BC7B8-B13C-474B-B4DB-DA398577A915_jpe-1279580.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/500236/4985E686-8E3B-4C1D-BD23-66F819F43020_jpe-1279581.JPG
I’ve tried many of them and it’s hands down my favorite. I don’t like paying $30 for a trigger guard but it’s worth it. Speaking of which I think I have 1 or 5 magpuls to throw on the EE.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 1:44:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Shiz! I waited to long and now the LMT ERGO grips are out of stock at V1tactical and now it’s special order. What’s the experience on lead times with them?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Shiz! I waited to long and now the LMT ERGO grips are out of stock at V1tactical and now it’s special order. What’s the experience on lead times with them?
View Quote
I’ve spoke with v1 on the phone a few times and they are great people. With something like a grip the lead time may be shorter than a month. Gun parts and barrels is all LMT right now. They are VERY behind and those aren’t my words.

I needed an ergo for my mars and just ordered from ergo direct. It’s the exact same grip minus a logo.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Does anyone have a few of these panels in FDE lying around they want to sell?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:23:29 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
I’d look around elsewhere to find it in stock.

I’ve been waiting 2 months for a barrel and the estimate is still over a month out. It wouldn’t be a big deal but since they hold very limited actual stock they charge in full right away rather then when an item actually ships.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:43:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I think it would be pretty cool if we all emailed Proof Research and asked them nicely to take their LMT barrels to full production in a range of common sizes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Ballistic Advantage Barrel conversion.

Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By unclemoak:

https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/unclemoak/Photo%20Feb%2020%206%2044%2040%20PM.jpg
View Quote
It's so beautiful but I may be biased. Can't wait to get her back
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:20:36 PM EDT
[#25]

https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/unclemoak/Photo%20Feb%2020%206%2044%2040%20PM.jpg
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:43:14 PM EDT
[#26]
A few more old pics.

Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:44:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:47:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#29]
I always enjoy your pics, Edwin!

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:
I always enjoy your pics, Edwin!

Cheers
View Quote
Me as well. I remember first joining Arfcom years ago and seeing his awesome setups.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 2:57:28 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes

Cool!
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Dedicated recce setup

Link Posted: 2/22/2020 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Good question...just a bunch of articles regarding trials.

Award Number: W15QKN-18-P-0040
Awardee: Lewis Machine & Tool Company for MARS-L9 Compact Suppressed Weapon
Amount: $21,900.00
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tranzformer:
Does anyone have pictures of the LMT MARS L-9 Compact Suppressed Weapon? Google Images hasn't brought back any results for me.
Good question...just a bunch of articles regarding trials.

Award Number: W15QKN-18-P-0040
Awardee: Lewis Machine & Tool Company for MARS-L9 Compact Suppressed Weapon
Amount: $21,900.00
I sent an email to LMT. If I hear anything back I'll let you guys know. I would like to do a possible CMMG RDB 9mm conversion through Marvin Pitts or D.Wilson to have for my CSW upper. I think that could turn into a nice setup. Then eventually if Mean Arms Roller Delayed stuff comes to market, see if they will sell a barrel + bolt/bcg separately to use that for a conversion.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#34]
So I have a few extra CQB uppers laying around and a CSW upper not doing anything. Im planning on building a 9mm upper and running it on a regular lower with MEAN Endomags.

Im not sure which 9mm barrel to have converted. Anyone have any recommendations? Im thinking Faxon. Also which BCG will I have to run, that depends on the barrel correct?  Faxon state theres will run with glock cut and colt. This is my first attempt at a 9mm upper so im confused.

Plan is to run it with my AAC TiRant 45M. I'd like the barrel and suppressor to be mostly inside the upper so I'll have to take some measurements.

I've read good things about the endomags, anyone have any real experience with them?
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By jtdam24:
So I have a few extra CQB uppers laying around and a CSW upper not doing anything. Im planning on building a 9mm upper and running it on a regular lower with MEAN Endomags.

Im not sure which 9mm barrel to have converted. Anyone have any recommendations? Im thinking Faxon. Also which BCG will I have to run, that depends on the barrel correct?  Faxon state theres will run with glock cut and colt. This is my first attempt at a 9mm upper so im confused.

Plan is to run it with my AAC TiRant 45M. I'd like the barrel and suppressor to be mostly inside the upper so I'll have to take some measurements.

I've read good things about the endomags, anyone have any real experience with them?
View Quote
First I've seen of the Mean Endomags. An interesting concept. A lot nicer for staying with the same manual of arms. I wonder how well they work with UTM/FOF rounds.

I honestly stayed away from AR 9MM platforms since SBRing a Scorpion.

I'd love to have a 10mm though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By jtdam24:

View Quote
If you want to do a 9mm AR build then I think I'd go with the CMMG Guard setup since it's radial delayed blowback. You can run Endomags with this setup. All the traditional straight blowback designs suck IMO and you may be surprised to find they have a worse recoil impulse vs. 5.56 gas guns.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

I sent an email to LMT. If I hear anything back I'll let you guys know. I would like to do a possible CMMG RDB 9mm conversion through Marvin Pitts or D.Wilson to have for my CSW upper. I think that could turn into a nice setup. Then eventually if Mean Arms Roller Delayed stuff comes to market, see if they will sell a barrel + bolt/bcg separately to use that for a conversion.
View Quote
I’ve also been considering the CMMG RDB kit for one of my MRPs, but users in the Pistol Caliber forum still seem to be running into a number of issues and getting them resolved by CMMG is less than a smooth process. Until reliability is noticeably improved I’m going to hold off. Those sets are too spendy to end up with a paperweight if it doesn’t reliably function after MRP conversion. It was mentioned CMMG won’t touch it if any work has been performed on the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#38]

I’ve also been considering the CMMG RDB kit for one of my MRPs, but users in the Pistol Caliber forum still seem to be running into a number of issues and getting them resolved by CMMG is less than a smooth process. Until reliability is noticeably improved I’m going to hold off. Those sets are too spendy to end up with a paperweight if it doesn’t reliably function after MRP conversion. It was mentioned CMMG won’t touch it if any work has been performed on the barrel.
View Quote
I have tried to get a good 9mm AR for probably 5 years now. I gave up and bought a HK SP5 and have no regrets.

Angstadt has come out with the best looking roller delayed 9mm AR but time will tell on reliability.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:54:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Got my 14.5" pinned/welded. Waiting for a light mount, and I'll post my completed MLC in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#40]
has anyone tried using adjustable gas blocks on a MRP conversion barrel?

considering getting a couple DD barrels converted. Wondering if superlative's adjustable gas block would fit under a MLR rail..?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#41]

I have tried to get a good 9mm AR for probably 5 years now. I gave up and bought a HK SP5 and have no regrets.

Angstadt has come out with the best looking roller delayed 9mm AR but time will tell on reliability.
View Quote
That's how I feel. Stick with a platform designed for 9mm at conception.... unless you absolutely want the training tool aspect.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 9:17:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Loving my first rifle length upper so far. Has anyone used the centurion scout mount? I have hesitation because it’s polymer but it seems pretty strong.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#43]
That's how I feel. Stick with a platform designed for 9mm at conception.... unless you absolutely want the training tool aspect.
View All Quotes

I have a couple of MP5s and they are great shooters. The ergonomics and manual of arms leave something to be desired. But they are still quality guns and well proven. But having said that, I still want and I'm looking for a nice 9mm AR setup that isn't direct blowback. Have been thinking about the CMMG RDB setup and converting it for an LMT upper. But just not sure the CMMG is what I want reading some of the teething issues owners are having. Once everything gets worked out, I would consider it. But really, that Mean Arms roller delayed AR upper is currently the most interesting to me personally. I think it has a lot of potential and I look forward to seeing reviews on it. Lots of potential.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#44]
This is what I’ve been shooting with the most lately. I really like the balance of the cqb, it would be great if LMT lengthened it just a hair but so far the quad cqb has been my favorite. Mainly been shooting 55gr wolf gold but I’m going to try and try my hand at reloading rifle. I’ve mainly just reloaded .45 for my 1911.

The MRP system is the most solid feeling and shooting AR setup I’ve ever had the pleasure to use. I’m definitely going to be with the system for the long haul. This thread and the awesome pics are good inspiration.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

9.1 lbs unloaded mag Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 3:30:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tengo1] [#45]
Absolutely awesome looking rifle @Rotorwash109
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 8:44:40 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
Thank you. It really was a hodgepodge of parts but came out really well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Totally concur.

Would shoot.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By M4ger:
Totally concur.

Would shoot.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4ger:
Totally concur.

Would shoot.
Thank you M4. Your pictures have been inspiring me since I got into MRPs.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:53:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:
QUESTION for all Fellow LMT Owners...

Do any of you with rifle length MRPs or Large Frame rifles mount their magnified optics further forward then with non-monolithic setups?  Since there is no "gap" to worry about, the idea seems to make some sense.

I figure that mounting a scope like a LPVO or even something bigger further forward would allow me to keep the collapsible stock at it's shortest length while still having proper eye relief for my scopes.

Am I wrong, or is this done by others?
View Quote
Don’t sacrifice your LOP ideals for compsctness with a rifle length chassis. That’s absolutely ridiculous.  Your goal with all of your shoulder mounted firearms should be a consistent LOP.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 10:33:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: unclemoak] [#50]
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 107 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top