Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 7:28:28 AM EDT
I have a partial build that I've been looking for a barrel for. I decided I wanted to go light weight and the only two barrels that seem to come up are the BCM light weight and the Rock River Arms light weight. The both are reputable companies, the only main differences it seems, is that the BCM is a 1:7 twist and takes a .625 gas block and the RRA is a 1:9 twist and takes the standard .750 gas block. Any input, suggestions or experience? Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Daniel Defense makes an excellent lightweight barrel.  The RRA barrel is not a true lightweight profile because of the .750 gas block, not to mention it just looks weird because of it.  Daniel Defense is also a 1:7 with .625 gas block.  Bravo Company sells them, or you can find them on DD's website.  They also come in a midlength configuration.

I would go with the BCM or DD barrel.  If you are lucky, you may be able to find a Colt lightweight barrel on the EE or Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#2]
BCM and RRA may be comparable price wise, but they are at totally different ends of the spectrum for quality of materials used and adherence to mil-spec (where possible). BCM over RRA any day, and as the other poster mentioned DD would also be a top-tier choice.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I have a partial build that I've been looking for a barrel for. I decided I wanted to go light weight and the only two barrels that seem to come up are the BCM light weight and the Rock River Arms light weight. The both are reputable companies, the only main differences it seems, is that the BCM is a 1:7 twist and takes a .625 gas block and the RRA is a 1:9 twist and takes the standard .750 gas block. Any input, suggestions or experience? Thanks guys.
Try a Centurion Hammer Forged lightweight 16".  1/7 twist CL.  I think they are the most accurate lightweights available, if a high level of accuracy is not required, buy something cheaper.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't discount the Bushmaster lightweight barrels either.  I think PKFirearms had some good prices on them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Excellent, thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to stick with the BCM barrel whenever it comes back in stock.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#6]
BCM or DD for certain.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:07:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top