Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2010 6:43:36 AM EDT
Title says it all. Anyone have one? Thoughts on installing one in a patrol rifle? Pros / Cons?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:16:04 AM EDT
I have an LMT CQB MRP w/LMT 2 stage trigger and think it is more than acceptable in a "working" (battle) rifle.

My only comparison is to the issue/mil-spec M4 trigger and it is much better than that.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:42:22 AM EDT
If it costs anything near $175, I'd take a look at the Geissele SSA.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:23:03 AM EDT
I have RRA, LMT and the Giselle SSA.

Rated as:

Giselle SSA.
RRA
LMT
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:27:20 AM EDT
I got it free but have not installed it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:33:17 AM EDT
I have on in my LMT MWS. I also used to have a Hi-Speed trigger, and currently have an SSA.

Personally I really like the LMT 2 stage trigger. I like the one in my MWS slightly more then I like the SSA.
However if I were going to buy more 2 stage triggers, I would be looking at the new SSA-E.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:37:52 AM EDT
i had an rra 2 stage that turned in to a sluggish 1 stage. i wouldnt put a rra in a work gun. I currently use a LMT and its awesome
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:59:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Postal0311:
I have on in my LMT MWS. I also used to have a Hi-Speed trigger, and currently have an SSA.

Personally I really like the LMT 2 stage trigger. I like the one in my MWS slightly more then I like the SSA.
However if I were going to buy more 2 stage triggers, I would be looking at the new SSA-E.

The MWS 2 stage is a good bit nicer than the traditional lmt 2 stage.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:02:31 PM EDT
I've got two of them, one is an excellent 2-stage combat trigger, the other, selected specifically by WES at MSTN, is nearly as good as my adjustable KACs, and I run it in my Recon.
If you prefer 2-stage triggers, it is an excellent choice for a combat rifle. Don't recall failures with the LMT like with the RRA 2-stage.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:16:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By edwin907:
I've got two of them, one is an excellent 2-stage combat trigger, the other, selected specifically by WES at MSTN, is nearly as good as my adjustable KACs, and I run it in my Recon.
If you prefer 2-stage triggers, it is an excellent choice for a combat rifle. Don't recall failures with the LMT like with the RRA 2-stage.

I guess I will install it and give it a go.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:05:57 PM EDT
Owning both I rate the RRA higher. It breaks cleaner and is a bit lighter, having said that the LMT rocks. If I had the $$$ I would love to get a KAC or a GA trigger.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:04:16 AM EDT
Thanks guys. I'm going to try it out and see if I like it. My concern was about installing it in a patrol rifle and weather it could be counted on if SHTF.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:35:29 AM EDT
The 2 stage Combat triggers are never going to be like a 2 stage match trigger. It's not what they were meant to be. LMT, CMMG, and some others break at 4.5lb-5lb.
I think some are expecting 3lb-3.5lb.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:43:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TonyAngel:
If it costs anything near $175, I'd take a look at the Geissele SSA.

I have owned 3 different LMT two stage triggers and they all were all a dissapointment.
Go with the SSA and and you will be in love.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:44:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 7:45:27 AM EDT by RABIDFOX50]
Thank you for the replies but the fact of the matter is I am not wanting a two stage rather I have the LMT and did not know if it was worth putting into a patrol rifle I use on duty and must rely on to work 100%. If I should not use it then I would just stick to my standard setup and sell the two stage.

I do thank everyone for their input.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:19:23 PM EDT
LMT 2 stage trigger any good? Yes -There Good to Go
Top Top