Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 3:30:21 PM EDT
Can I put this barrel ext. on my 16 inch h-bar bushmaster barrel? (currently wearing a standard ext)

http://www.lewismachine.net/product.php?p=124&cid=12&session=9675b85ae8c6dcad9e1c9eceed3fab28

Is this setup an "upgrade" compared to standard rifle feed ramps?  (m4 ext, with a non m4 upper reciver?)

The rifle/ barrel has had 1700 rounds thought it, if I was able to put an m4 bbl ext in my barrel, would there be any headspace issues?

It it worth it, if the time/cost of putting the m4 ext was a non-issue?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Brownell's has the tools to do it. But it's a bigger PITA than I'm interested in doing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Answer to this is sell old barrel and upper and buy new barrel along with new upper.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I was LUCKY once.  I'd not intentionally try this process ever again, unless there was some unavoidable situation that absolutely required me to.

If you really, really, really want extended ramps, you can Dremel them in, like some do (some better than others).  I'd get the proper receiver with factory machined and anodized
ramps and Dremel the present extension to proper spec, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#5]
i dont wanna highjack.. but whats the diffrence from normal to M4 feedramps?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top