Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2006 5:55:45 AM EDT
Hey all,
Wes' recent thread got me thinking.  I'm "in the market" for another upper.  If I go the "precision route" (the other alternative being some sort of chrome lined "blaster") I got some choices.  Now, realistically it would be for punching paper with the occasional foray into the fields for groundhogs, and possibly for three-gun (if I ever get all my shit together).  

As to length, would I see a benefit by going to an 18" instead of a 16" barrel?  The barrels I'm looking at are all hi quality tubes.  I've got a Rock bbl on my GAP rifle, and now I'm spoiled .  I'm looking at the Noveske, Denny's Recon, ADCO match carbine (or cruiser, not sure yet), or MSTN  "tac-comp".  Provided it's a good tube, the only thing I'd be giving up by going with the 16" over the 18" is a little velocity, correct?  Since I'm in the east there are no "dog towns" and most varmint shooting is at groundhogs, with the likelihood of shots over 300 yards being very slim, so the need for a 24" bull barrel just isn't there (plus, they're too cumbersome to carry around).  So if you were looking to get an upper for target/3-gun/varmints, what would your advice and/or choice be?

Thanks
Rich

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:12:19 AM EDT
[#1]
nuthin?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:30:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top