Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/10/2006 10:05:03 AM EDT
Does anyone have the flash hider? What do you think of it? Your likes/dislikes? From what I read about noise and blast out to the side of the muzzle, I dont think I want a muzzle brake. The brake and flash hider are at the bottom of the page in the link.

operationparts.com/troy-industries.html
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:27:35 PM EDT
anyone?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:48:29 PM EDT
I have one on mine and I like it alot, good flash suppression
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:24:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/12/2006 2:24:55 AM EDT by Dont-Tread-On-Me]
Looks gimmicky to me.

Brakes are stupid unless you're in a State that bans them. Also, .223 doesn't need a brake unless you are a serious pussy.

What you want is flash suppression. The Vortex is hailed by many to do the best job at this task. A very close 2nd is the Phantom (I have this one). It works well. My 16" with A2 would produce a faint flash with XM193 during the day (never tried at night), with the Phantom I cannot detect any flash at all. There are also photos comparing flash if you search around.

The Vortex looks cool, but not "medevil"..there is a version of the Phantom that has a spiked front rim. You might like that one. It is also much cheaper, $24.

If you are decided on the Troy, get the flash hider, NOT the brake.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:28:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MrKasab:
Does anyone have the flash hider? What do you think of it? Your likes/dislikes? From what I read about noise and blast out to the side of the muzzle, I dont think I want a muzzle brake. The brake and flash hider are at the bottom of the page in the link.

We put one on a rifle this week. It looks pretty good but I have not seen one in use so I cannot comment as to it's effectivness.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:46:00 PM EDT
I haven't tried one, but I have an opinion based on seeing one.

It looks dorky.

Now if you want a suppressor that is truely midevil, get a phantom. With that sharp front edge, you can stab a guy and take a three quarter inch core right out of him.
Top Top