Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2006 4:36:41 AM EDT
I never much cared for the "read owners manual" stamped into the barrels of a gun but is this for real?!http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/hillmillenia/receiver2.jpg
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Is what for real? The safe/semi/auto markings? yeah except that I did not know that it said "30' next to auto now. I thought it had a picture of multiple rounds instead for some reason.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:04:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I never much cared for the "read owners manual" stamped into the barrels of a gun but is this for real?!
i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/hillmillenia/receiver2.jpg

Very useful when selling firearms to a country that might not speak the same language as you.

Pictograms are universal - letters and/or words are not.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Pictures are fine but this seems to lack..subtlety. I suspose it's a matter of opinion and preferencehug.gif
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Pictures are fine but this seems to lack..subtlety. ....

I find the use of the word "Subtle" with respect to AR-15s (particulary military versions) to be amusing.

Nothing subtle about a rifle.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#5]
refering to the blatant selector markings. too loud! and yes there is a certain sublety to the AR-15 as in low tones..uhh quiet darkness and yet very...explosive when appropriate. This is why I prefer the basic safe/semi/auto..if we export these to say Israel, surely we can mark in hebrew or they can adapt. The street sign angle is brash. IMHO as indiscernible as it may seem at times.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#6]
its airsoft, check out the bolt,
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
its airsoft, check out the bolt,

You are correct the photo is airsoft.  But the HK416 (or whatever they are currently calling it) has the same markings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top