Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 6:53:14 PM EDT
Does anyone know if Larue is planning on or even thinking about making a FF rail that is uninterupted along the top such as MI, DD, Troy, Samson, ARMS, etc...?  To basically just bridge the gap over the ring across the top seems to me to be a more elegant way to do it than the DD.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:37:26 AM EDT
[#2]
They had some prototype drawings at SHOT. A one piece upper/rail was shown. The pictures may still be around here someplace.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#3]
sorry Stick,

I meant the new DD lite rails with all the hex heads.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:27:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Originally posted by team member mcgrubbs

The noted link is only the second thread about the LaRue monolithic design, I can't find the original thread with a larger drawing. It was posted before the Shot Show.

REF: LaRue Tactical Monolithic Upper thread link
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:53:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Awesome.

Don't care for the new camo color scheme though, hehe

Hopefully it won't be a gazillion dollars.  If they can offer this for the cost of roughly the sum of its parts (upper receiver + carbine rail) I will be all over it.

It appears that the lower green portion of the rail is removable to allow access to mounting the barrel so a specialty barrel mounting strategy may not be neccessary.

Any idea when it will released?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:06:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Never have handled a DD rail.

Actually I only have experience with the ARMS SIR #50C and the GG&G FF modular rail.

I think I will go with the MI FF until Larue comes out with that monlith whenever that might be.

Thanks all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top