Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/26/2006 12:00:46 PM EDT

I have an older Bushmaster collapsible four position. It's been getting really rattly for the last few months so I took it apart. I found the aft two holes on the tube to be oval shaped and have at least 1/32 to 2/32 of foward and aft wear. I tried a a diffirent stock housing but it doesn't seem to help.
I looked on Bushmaster's website and they do now sell tubes by themselves, but I was wondering. When the tube is that worn, is the stock body any better? I mean, is it really better just to buy a whole new buttstock because the housing will wear out to?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:59:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:09:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Teknic:

Originally Posted By skylark:
I have an older Bushmaster collapsible four position. It's been getting really rattly for the last few months so I took it apart. I found the aft two holes on the tube to be oval shaped and have at least 1/32 to 2/32 of foward and aft wear. I tried a a diffirent stock housing but it doesn't seem to help.
I looked on Bushmaster's website and they do now sell tubes by themselves, but I was wondering. When the tube is that worn, is the stock body any better? I mean, is it really better just to buy a whole new buttstock because the housing will wear out to?

This is the problem with butt stocks. It's mainly your tube but I'd get a whole new stock assembly while you were at it. You may want to consider stag if a milspec tube is important to you.

Do you sell M4 stocks without the buffer tube or spring?
Top Top