Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/24/2006 5:24:25 AM EDT
For VFG's that don't have an internal pocket like the TD one, how have you attached a tapeswitch to your VFG? Velcro? Electrical tape? Would love to hear the way people have addressed this.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:33:58 AM EDT
The tapeswitch I got from Brightflashlights for my surefire G2 came with a rubber sleeve that fits snug and secure over a vertical grip. I'm using a TD grip, even with the switch recess I use the rubber sleeve.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:50:01 AM EDT
you can use a bycycle inner tube, just make sure you get the right size and just cut it to the width you want, it works great
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:57:59 AM EDT
WOW, not that's something I never thought of, a bicycle inner tube.............
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:08:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BigBore45:
The tapeswitch I got from Brightflashlights for my surefire G2 came with a rubber sleeve that fits snug and secure over a vertical grip. I'm using a TD grip, even with the switch recess I use the rubber sleeve.

I wondered what the rubber tube that came with my Pentagon MS2 was for...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:23:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/24/2006 8:25:31 AM EDT by Hyperformer]
Go to the "repair" area of your local bike shop. Ask them to dig in their garbage. I got a whole bagfull of different sizes. MANY excellent uses. headbang.gif

I also put a nice wide strip on my pistol grip. Provides excellent grip w/o having to attach that sticky sandpaper skateboard tape.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:35:59 PM EDT
+1 on the bike innertube. I no longer run my light with a pressure switch, but the innertube is still there!

Top Top