Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2006 5:57:39 PM EDT
I have an ARMS SIR and a Knights RAS.I'm looking to get another one for my other AR.What do you guys think I should get.Pics of you'r rails would be great!  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Larue or DD.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#2]
LaRue.

13.2 and 7.0

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Love my Samson MRFS...rock solid and monolithic appearance.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:03:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#5]
comp1911:  My build is a spitting image of your 7.0, sans the Aimpoint and MIAD (I used a Hogue and no optics yet).  Quick question though.  I've been using a single point MOUT, and have recently started looking at two point slings.  What brand is yours?  Also, what mount are you using on the buffer tube for the rear attaching point?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:24:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
comp1911:  My build is a spitting image of your 7.0, sans the Aimpoint and MIAD (I used a Hogue and no optics yet).  Quick question though.  I've been using a single point MOUT, and have recently started looking at two point slings.  What brand is yours?  Also, what mount are you using on the buffer tube for the rear attaching point?  Thanks.

Kool!

The sling is a 3 point Tactical Taylor that I modified into a 2 point. A guy could really make one up pretty easily with a buckle and a 4 D rings.

The single point adapter is a Midwest Industies #30, Bravo Company stocks these. I really like them. They are coming out with a #30HD that's in the prototype stage now. MI #30HD Prototype Link

And here are the details on the M4 in the pic.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:31:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Just do it right the first time.

LaRue.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:14:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
photos.imageevent.com/smglee/mstn/15-105.jpg

WHY DO IT RIGHT JUST THE FIRST TIME? KEEP GOING ...

WES GRANT
MSTN.BIZ

[drool]mmmm.....[/drool]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:27:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Well I would love a LaRue or a DD but I have a post ban with an pinned and welded break on it and it would cost about $200 bucks to take it off and replace it and get the rail mounted.So anyone have other ideas on a FF without having to take the FSP or break off?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well I would love a LaRue or a DD but I have a post ban with an pinned and welded break on it and it would cost about $200 bucks to take it off and replace it and get the rail mounted.So anyone have other ideas on a FF without having to take the FSP or break off?

Troy, Samson and Midwest Industries all make a 2 piece free float tube that attaches to the stock barrel nut.

That would be your best bet.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Troy, Samson and Midwest Industries all make a 2 piece free float tube that attaches to the stock barrel nut.

If you had to pick one of them what would it be?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you had to pick one of them what would it be?

#1 MI (Price Leader, bang for buck)
#2 Troy (The Original)
#3 Samson (Original Troy subcontractor)

I had a Troy on a perm attached CMMG upper. It was nice. I'd probably try a MI if I was going to go 2 piece.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top