Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/20/2006 9:13:08 AM EDT
This may be a dumb question and I think I already know the answer, but I'll ask it anyway. Are all lower parts kits created equally? I am getting an RRA lower and I want to put a RRA lower kit in it, but if they're all the same, then I'll save the $25 and buy the plain vanilla kit.

Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:16:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 9:17:13 AM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:24:18 AM EDT
I've only used RRA parts and they've never let me down. Some people will say CMT parts kits are the best for some reason. As long as it's in-spec and made of good steel it's fine. MJD
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:32:59 AM EDT
I like the Stag/CMT kits better than the RRA. I really like the RRA, and only ordered a Stag because the RRA was out. The Stag kit was nicer, and from now on it's only Stag for me. The RRA kits are excellent though.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:04:27 PM EDT
rra kits are nice but bushmaster makes one of the best lpk's that i have used.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:53:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
rra kits are nice but bushmaster makes one of the best lpk's that i have used.

what he said^
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:02:36 PM EDT
I looked at every LPK I could find at several gunshows. Hands down, Stag was the best in terms of overall finish. From my viewpoint, I had to assume that any company that puts a mirror shine on the mating surfaces has to have some quality in the steel, too.

Shooting my Stag trigger next to a RRA LPK was like night and day. You can be sure that I'll be putting Stag parts in any future lowers!

Remember, nothing runs like a deer.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:50:58 AM EDT
I've had two disconnector failure from bushy LPK's. DPMS, LMT, STAG/CMT are the very, very reliable.

I also favor the rounded corner/lack of the disconnector failure notch on the aforementioned.
Top Top