Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2006 6:43:25 PM EDT
What is a top notch pistol grip replacement for the AR?......Been looking at the Falcon Inds Ergo Grip, anything any better?,,,,,Also, how big a deal is it to replace?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Ergo Grip on two of my rifles, and love it. I also have a Tango Down grip that I like alot.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have Ergo's and also really like the Tangodown grip. To replace your grip hold you weapon upside down, l you need  a long allen wrench (3/16ths?) romove screw and lock washer. The safety detent spring will be in it's recess on the top left hand side of the grip. There is a safety detent still in the lower reciever, leave it there. Carefully pull out spring, not bending it and replace in your new grip. Allign the spring and Grip screw with there holes and tighten the screw. Sorry so long winded.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one Hogue and three Magpuls.I really like the Magpul grips.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#4]
The Ergo is definitely the best for the money and also my personal favorite.  The Tango Down Battle Grip is good, but a little on the high side for what it gives you.  The Magpul MIAD gives you a good grip that you can change to meet your preferences for just a little more than the TD BG.  Try to check out as many as you can (if possible) before you buy.  Hope this helps.

TS
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#5]
The Tango down is really good if you have small hands. The Magpul is my favorite because it can be adjusted for different sizes.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Love the Tango Down. It's not as bulky as the rest but very grippy in a non-gummy way. It's all personal preference though...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:16:12 AM EDT
[#7]
If your right handed then look no further than the Sierra SPR grip....period.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:07:20 AM EDT
[#8]
MIAD
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:11:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I like the Hogue grip. I have one on each of my AR's.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:12:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Ah, good to know that the Tango Down is good for small hands.  Any others out there good for small hands?

I've gone through several "ultimate" grips and forearm grips for various weapons because they were too large.  Most of the time, I end up going with stock grips as there are the best fit.  The issue grip on the ARs fits me fine so anything much bigger would be awkward.  My wife bought me a nice RAS foregrip I ogled at a gun show a while back because of it's features.  Bless her, she meant well, but it was too bulky and I ended up going back to the original Knight's grip.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:13:51 AM EDT
[#11]
The Tango Down Battlegrip and Magpul look great and feel great, but IMHO they NEED the rubber overmoulding like the Hogue.

The Hogue would be better w/o the finger grooves, and maybe thicker palm swells. As-is, the Hogue is the only grip I use.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:37:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Ergo.  I have small hands and really like the feel of it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:07:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm currently using the TangoDown battle-grip.  Can't say that I like it.

Not saying that it's a bad grip, but the smooth frontstrap, lack of palm swells or finger grooves, makes it hard to stay on when my hands get sweaty.

I've handled an ergo-grip, or two, and thought they werer relatively nice, but a bit thin in the backstrap.  Now, that rubber-overmolded Hogue grip is sweet.  I got to shoot a rifle with one and it filled the hand nice, providing plenty of tackiness for grip and a palm swell that fit me just right.

Of course, all of this is subjective.  I'll probably be switching my TDBG out for a Hogue, but I'm not in a big hurry to do it.  Were I training regulary with the carbine, using it for work, I would have done it by now.  But, I'm not.  I'm just a joe playing with an EBR.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:08:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Again, the Battle Grip would be one heck of a pistol grip if they made one with rubber overmoulding like the Hogue.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:01:33 AM EDT
[#15]
The G-27 and MIAD are tops in my book.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:50:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Like many of you, I disliked the TD Battlegrip when I first tried it.  It was on the rifle for a few weeks before the A2 went back on.  Then another member gave me the idea of putting a Hogue Hand-All on it.  Now it's perfect.  It has the finger groove that I'm used to from the A2.  It has the palm swells for a more hand-filling grip.  And the rubber texture makes the grip more secure.

If you want to try this, be sure to get the Hand-All Junior.  And be prepared to wrestle with the grip to get onto the TD.  It takes some time.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Try the A2!!

I have it on all of my ARs!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Try the A2!!

The A2 is a little small for my hands, and the Magpul MIAD fits my hand a lot better.  I don't NEED it, but it's nice to have, like all the other shit I don't actually need.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Try the A2!!

The A2's side checkering digs into my palm, making it uncomfortable. I even dremeled that nub to see if it would work better but nope, it wasn't as good as the Hogue. I may get the Hogue toilet seats in the future.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#20]
OK, i'm leaning towards either the miad or the hogue, i dont really care for the finger grooves on the hogue, maybe if they were a little more subtle it would be ok. Those of you with the MIAD'S , how is the fit?,,,,,,, nicely fit, or does it look like an add-on?, i really hate sloppy fitting items on my weapons.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
MIAD

Why am I not surprised you beat me again?

+1 MIAD

Lancelot and I love ours. And we're not the only ones.

edited to add pic.

That's a Superior Arms lower and the MIAD grip fits like it's suppose to. No weird gaps, tightens up with no slop, etc.

Plus, with all the add on stuff in the pic it'll make MarkM red as the backdrop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top