Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 5:34:03 AM EDT
I would like to make a custom upper with my own hand selected parts using a M4 barrel with a perminatley attached (extended) flashhider of my choise.

will any one (company) ship one without me providing a special permit for the short barrel?

I know I can get a 14.5 extended barreled upper shiped from many companies but the probelm is that I would be stuck with what "they" stock for the free floating hand guards, gas block and extended flash hider.  Even if I get just the extended 14.5 barrel I will still be limited on my options for my home build.  Unless I go through the trouble of trying to cut the FH off so I can install my own free float tube and extended FH.  

If I have a clean (noy extended) barrel I can shop around for the free float hand guards, gas block, and type of extended flash hider of "my choise."  Any ideas would be helpful.    

Please help, ST.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:48:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you contacted CMMG or ADCO?

Suspect both of them would be happy to sell you the barrel ya want sans FS and on ADCO's behalf they'll probably deliver to your door exactly what want with your choice of FF forend installed already.

Mike

ps - ya might also call Paul at Bravo Comapny USA and see if he'll build ya one of their new BCM barrels as ya like it, their real freindly there too....
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:49:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster offered to sell me one that way. I just had to call it in and specify the way I wanted it.

Also try CMMG and Bravo Company.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info guy's.

The Co's that I have seen in the past seem to only offer very high dollor free foat hand gurds and gas blocks nor  have I seen them offer the Sabre flash hider that I want.  I guess I could supply the specific parts to a willing Co and have them install them before the flash hider (Sabre) is pernimantly attached.  The above solution is possible with a freindly Co.  Your right there are some good folks out there.  

The bad thing would be possible additional charges but most of all loosing the thrill of building it myself.  It's been quite some time since I put my receiver block to work, hahaha.

Another factor is:
I have blind pinned many barrels.  All done legally and profesionally that turned out great.  The advantage of doing the blind pinning myself is that I know how and where it was pinned.  Most of all I know how to un-do "my bind pinning" without making a mess of thigs if a future repair or re-configuration is called for.    

Again, thanks for the advise, I will do more research with the Co's you named.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Bushmaster will sell you a 14.5" barrel with no attached flash suppressor -- no problem.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody know what dealer carries the Sabre extended A2 flashider?

saw the other post.

http://www.talonarms.com/talonarms/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=218&products_id=258

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top