Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 9:40:20 PM EDT
What's the story on the MGI adjustable gas tubes?  I've been kickin around the idea of using one with a PRI or a La Rue gas tap w/ the adjustable gas tube instead of a JP adjustable gas block.  Do they take a screw driver or an allen wrench to adjust them?  Do they tend to stay adjusted once they are set?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:10:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Uses a allen  screw for an adjuster. You need to drill an access hole in the top of the float tube. It can really help a car with a can. My 18" rifle length gets away without.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:29:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an upper that has worn out 2 barrels using the same MGI tube. The adjustment has never changed in 12+ years and the uppers have always worked flawlessly. Mine adjusts with an Allen type wrench. Charles the Gunsmith.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:28:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top