Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 3:55:21 PM EDT
Did you guys now that there are two types of A1 grips??

there are the A1s that are "fat" for the palm area, Like the A2 and A1s that are slimmer.

From what I can tell, the Green A1 grips (the EARLY ones) that I have are the slimmer model, I also have ONE black A1, the rest are "Fat" grips.  I guess they started slimmer in the beginning and then they were made fatter. Just a FYI.   I like the slimmer ones better
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Never noticed.  They seemed about the same to me but I never really compared them.  The early black furniture was a shiny black while the later A1 stuff is more of a matte black.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for sharing the info.

I have an early new A1 grip (only) in my collection that is shiny but it have brown spots all over.

I have no other older grip to compare it with but it's almost like the A2 maybe a little thinner.

My former SP-1 rifle which I bought in '71 had a shiny, even, black A1 grip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top