Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/11/2006 11:07:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2006 9:08:51 AM EDT by Mattl]
AR 15 LOWER COMPLETE WITH M4 STOCK Best prices I've found, if anywhere better please share?

Armalite Eagle........$229.95
Bushmaster............$279.95
DPMS..................$219.95
Rock River Arms.......$229.95
Double Star...........$209.95
Stag Arms.............$214.95
High Standard.........$219.95

Of the above any differences? I am thinking one lower multiple uppers.

Also what is the signifigance of a government profile barrel? I was thinking 5.56 dissipator upper first for wide site radius thoughts? 16' dissy available? Future economical 6.5 Grendel finally put me over the hump.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:12:41 PM EDT
bushmaster
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:17:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AROKIE:
bushmaster

Clarify why please? ARs in terms of owning this will be my first. I was thinking RRA because its internals might be better quality than Stag or Doublestar and the BM is $50 more. So again why, upper interchangability?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:24:37 PM EDT
Have had Stag and DPMS as well as RRA.. honestly you just cant go wrong with any of them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:28:55 AM EDT
For the most part, all of those guys make good lowers. Buy the one with the coolest looking roll-stamp!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:01:53 AM EDT
For the money and of the ones you listed DPMS, then Stag. I wouldn't go with any of them complete. You will probably change stock or at least pistol grips, negating the "complete" option/price. I would build one or buy one w/o the stock. Hope that helps. I currently have two DPMS lowers I built. Great fit/finish, better than recent Bushmaster lowers.

TS
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:11:05 AM EDT
The Armalite Eagle is

Armalite Eagle.....$179.95

which is really a CavArms lower. Got two of them and really like them. Am going to get a third. The drawback is that you're not going to have any options with the stock. The positive side is that if anything happens to it, CavArms will replace it for $30.

Also did a build on a Stag lower. It is a quality lower and was an easy build due to that.

Hard to go wrong with any of them.

wganz

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:21:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2006 7:22:26 AM EDT by eklikwhoa]
if they are complete lowers from the factory then i would go with bushmaster.(might wanna check that cause i think he builds the lowers)

they make the best lower parts kits i have ever used which include almost all you have listed and some. none to date has had a better fit or finish and the attention to detail on the bm lpk's is outstanding. their lowers also have the lower rear shelf if you ever feel the desire for a rdias/LL.

robbie of lonestarwholesale is a great guy to deal with.

govt profile is a lightweight profile given to the bbl. underneath the handguards which lighten the total weight.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:07:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By shingaling:
Have had Stag and DPMS as well as RRA.. honestly you just cant go wrong with any of them.

I have heard many times DPMS as a rule is more sensitive to ammo any truth to this? Said rifle will be expected to run Wolf and Barnhaul.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:39:50 AM EDT
It depends on whose internals/stock are used. If all the same internals/stock I'd say get the RRA or Stag. If they are factory internals then it might be worth it for the Bushy but probably still RRA or Stag. All of the choices are pretty good though I'd be less inclined toward the DPMS or High Standard than the others.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:08:22 PM EDT
I would VOTE LMT

But stag is cool also

Hell wich ever cheapest they all seem okay
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:15:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mattl:

Originally Posted By shingaling:

I have heard many times DPMS as a rule is more sensitive to ammo any truth to this? Said rifle will be expected to run Wolf and Barnhaul.

Not my 14.5". It eats all ammo I've fed it.

TS
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:42:41 PM EDT
Double Star.

I've had all of the lowers you mention...they're pretty much all good, but the prices you list have Double Star as cheapest, and they're one of my favs to boot.
Top Top