Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/7/2006 7:11:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 7:12:55 PM EDT by ALAN308]
Need to know if my Trinity can be mounted inside. I find no dimensions for these.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:31:27 PM EDT
I think the inside of the Larue rail is right at 1.25" if I am not mistaken.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:50:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2006 1:10:04 AM EDT by mragu]
Alan,
Which mount for the Trinity are you using? The LID, screw on and 3-lug are all of different diameter. How far under the LT rail do you need to go? I have a 9.25" 9mm TROS 3-lug barrel with a 7.0 LT rail. The barrel sticks out just far enough to attach the Trinity with 3-lug. If I recall correctly, the 1.25" diameter Trinity (and Evo-9 for that matter) will not fit under the LT rail. I asked that question a while back and I think that Mark LaRue posted a response saying the maximum clearance was something like 1.17". You may want to check the archives. I will check when I get home tonight and post tommorrow if I can. Good luck, Mark
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:12:11 AM EDT
You won't be able to fit one inside the LT. The ID is 1.223. You want to have some breathing room. I recently went thru the same exercise trying to find a rail to fit my Trident. Since the Trident has a larger diameter I was limited to DD and YHM. I went with the DD.

I really wanted to use a Samson rail which will fit your can nicely. I know these rails will work for you:

Samson
Troy
DD
YHM
Knight­s

The Samson and Troy will give you the best fit. Here is a picture of what mine turned out like.

Good luck and post pics!

Bomber
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:25:19 PM EDT

This one is too large and limits placement of my Eotech to the rear. I have a DD also and the top rail is just a bit high/over the reciever also limiting sight placement.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:54:19 PM EDT

I have a DD also and the top rail is just a bit high/over the reciever also limiting sight placement.

Are you sure you have a mil-spec upper? My DD rail meets seemlessly with my upper. As you can see the Eotech bridges the upper and the ff tube.

Bomber
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:17:51 AM EDT
The upper the DD tube is on is a Colt. I am sure that the tube is slightly asque, apparently right at the welded area. I would have put that on this rifle if it would solve the problem. To buy another, well I was hoping to Try a Larue if it had enough ID for this. 1.25" does not seem a lot but it seems its a no go. PRI may be the option for this.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:15:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2006 4:29:05 AM EDT by thebomber]
PRI will work but if you're buying a tube, a lower cost and IMHO better option for you would be a Samson Rail. I've seen pics somewhere on this site of a suppressed 9mm with a Trinity and a Samson/Troy rail and it looks tight. With the PRI rail, you will have a lot of space between the rail and the suppressor which IMHO, gives an unrefined look. YMMV.

Bomber

ETA: Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. It's a Trinity with a Troy rail. Picture and gun belongs to "Mostow".

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:17:14 AM EDT
That does look great. I guess I should get one of these [7" ?] and three of the 'grip' panels.
What dealer sells this item?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:09:43 AM EDT
Alan,
TheBomber is correct. The Trinity will not fit undet the LT 7.0 tail as it is too small in diameter.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:44:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ALAN308:
That does look great. I guess I should get one of these [7" ?] and three of the 'grip' panels.
What dealer sells this item?

Check in the Industry section. What barrel length are you using. With a 5" barrel you could use a carbine length (7") or a mid length (9") depending on how much suppressor reveal you were after. The 2 pics I posted are both with carbine length rails. If you get the Troy, it comes with the rail covers.

Bomber
Top Top