Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 7:11:37 PM EDT
Need to know if my Trinity can be mounted inside. I find no dimensions for these.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the inside of the Larue rail is right at 1.25" if I am not mistaken.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:50:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Alan,
    Which mount for the Trinity are you using?  The LID, screw on and 3-lug are all of different diameter.  How far under the LT rail do you need to go?    I have a 9.25" 9mm TROS 3-lug barrel with a 7.0 LT rail. The barrel sticks out just far enough to attach the Trinity with 3-lug.  If I recall correctly, the 1.25" diameter Trinity (and Evo-9 for that matter) will not fit under the LT rail.  I asked that question a while back and I think that Mark LaRue posted a response saying the maximum clearance was something like 1.17".  You may want to check the archives.  I will check when I get home tonight and post tommorrow if I can.  Good luck, Mark
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:12:11 AM EDT
[#3]
You won't be able to fit one inside the LT. The ID is 1.223. You want to have some breathing room. I recently went thru the same exercise trying to find a rail to fit my Trident. Since the Trident has a larger diameter I was limited to DD and YHM. I went with the DD.

I really wanted to use a Samson rail which will fit your can nicely. I know these rails will work for you:

Samson
Troy
DD
YHM
Knights

The Samson and Troy will give you the best fit. Here is a picture of what mine turned out like.

Good luck and post pics!

Bomber
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:25:19 PM EDT
[#4]

This one is too large and limits placement of my Eotech to the rear. I have a DD also and the top rail is just a bit high/over the reciever also limiting sight placement.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#5]

I have a DD also and the top rail is just a bit high/over the reciever also limiting sight placement.

Are you sure you have a mil-spec upper? My DD rail meets seemlessly with my upper. As you can see the Eotech bridges the upper and the ff tube.

Bomber
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:17:51 AM EDT
[#6]
The upper the DD tube is on is a Colt. I am sure that the tube is slightly asque, apparently right at the welded area. I would have put that on this rifle if it would solve the problem.  To buy another, well I was hoping to Try a Larue if it had enough ID for this. 1.25" does not seem a lot but it seems its a no go. PRI may be the option for this.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:15:06 AM EDT
[#7]
PRI will work but if you're buying a tube, a lower cost and IMHO better option for you would be a Samson Rail. I've seen pics somewhere on this site of a suppressed 9mm with a Trinity and a Samson/Troy rail and it looks tight. With the PRI rail, you will have a lot of space between the rail and the suppressor which IMHO, gives an unrefined look. YMMV.

Bomber

ETA: Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. It's a Trinity with a Troy rail. Picture and gun belongs to "Mostow".

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#8]
That does look great. I guess I should get one of these [7" ?] and three of the 'grip' panels.
What dealer sells this item?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:09:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Alan,
    TheBomber is correct.  The Trinity will not fit undet the LT 7.0 tail as it is too small in diameter.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:44:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That does look great. I guess I should get one of these [7" ?] and three of the 'grip' panels.
What dealer sells this item?

Check in the Industry section. What barrel length are you using. With a 5" barrel you could use a carbine length (7") or a mid length (9") depending on how much suppressor reveal you were after. The 2 pics I posted are both with carbine length rails. If you get the Troy, it comes with the rail covers.

Bomber
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top