Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 7:33:54 AM EDT
I don't hear much talk about rail covers on here.  Any thoughts opinions on what kind, where to buy, etc?  Need two for my newly installed MI two piece on an M4gery.  I have heard the Tango Down vert grip is kind of hard to get on these, but anybody have a bad experience with rail covers?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:49:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Look over in the accessories forum or try a search. Rail covers are discussed pretty regular around here. I prefer the ladder style myself because they do the job without added bulk. As for the Tango Down VFG, I've never seen another grip that gets as many complaints about not fitting. The TD doesn't seem to fit any rail made but people continue to praise it as the best thing going even after acknowledging you'll have to sand/cut/grind it to fit. I don't like VFG's in the first place, I've tried them and shoot better without them. But I guess if you go with the TD once you get it mounted it will be fine......just have to get it mounted. Most folks suggest some lube, a rubber mallet, sandpaper, a file and some wire ties to get it started. But it's still great! Go figure.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#2]
The MI handguards are made for the KAC rail covers. The KAC lock will work the way it is supposed to with the MI rails.

That being said I put TD rail coves on with no trouble. I think you were thinking of the TD VFG that some people have had issues with.

Any standard rail cover should work with the MI rails.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:13:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I put the ladder style covers on my MI since it is wide enough as it is. I don't know what brand they were. I also bought a GG&G VFG after reading about the problems with TD grips on Midwest rails. I like the GG&G just fine.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#4]
The Ergo ladders are excellent.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:30:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I use a combination of the ladder covers and KAC panels.  Pretty much any rail cover should fit on there.

The only thing I've had a hard time getting on is the Tango Down foregrip, but I've noticed that they vary in tightness from one grip to the next.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top