Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 9:39:33 PM EDT
Ok,

It's been a while since I posted...I *gasp* sold my old black rifle, and after that experience it's led me to get one I really want...a long gun.

100-300 yard gun, maybe in the future I will go to the 400-600 range, but for now 300 is the limit of where I'll go.

So my first step was to get my lower, mission accomplished, got a nice stripped lower at the Pasadena Gun Show this Sat...

Second step is to find a kit to make this work...I'm looking at the 24" Varmint and maybe the tactical 24" in 5.56. But I know there is more to a nice pattern at distance than just the length of the barrel...so anyone with constructive comments about the quality of Model 1 Sales build and parts would be very much appreciated.

Here are the kits I'm looking at...

Tactical 24"

Varmint 24"

Anyone, Bueller??? Bueller?????
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:19:05 PM EDT
decent but i would personally go with jt distributing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:37:32 PM EDT
16" will do 300yds fine

Just go with what you want or build what you want.

Model 1 is here in TX

Thats enough for me to support my own. Besides the great price I've always liked their customer servce.

I will order again from them in a few weeks

Wont do M&A after what happend to a fellow from the houston crew.

Jt distribuiting is good as well.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:20:23 AM EDT
Thank y'all for your input...

I know 16" will do 300, but I want the option of going up to the 600 yard range later if I choose, and I'm all about the 'size matters' kind of thing...*LOL*...

Hmmm

I'l have to call JT and M1Sales and see what I can work out....figure out which kit is right for me...and I think JT may have more of an option package than M1Sales...

Thanks guys...

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:43:53 AM EDT
I have the Model 1 24" varmint upper. Very good quality for the $$$. E.R. Shaw barrel is substantial. Only one minor complaint. Mine did not come drilled for a bipod. Make sure you specify the tube to be drilled if you plan on mounting a bipod.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:58:18 PM EDT
My first AR was a Model 1 with 20" SS fluted bbl. have not had one problem with it. Very accurate with wwb 45gr jhp. But they are in Texas now so you have to add 8+% sales tax. My 2nd kit was from J&T a 16" lw cl barrel no problems here either both are good choices in IMO.They are not Les Bauer but I have 2 excellent guns for price of 1.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:06:08 PM EDT
BrianB2,

Got point made, be sure to let us know that you want a swivel stud installed.

srt205
Top Top