Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 11:25:38 AM EDT
Why isn't there a greater variety of handguards out there - particularly ones without rails sprouting out all over?

I'd be nice to have more to choose from!

Edited to add: Nothing against rails - I've got them, but I'd like to see something different. Maybe a HK style handguard, or ones like the SIG 550. Could any of those be adapted to fit an AR?

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
there's plenty of them, you are just not looking hard enough
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#4]
there is a greater variety of everything AR-related on the market than for any other firearm in history.  its true that they are variations of the same general designs, but saying that there are not enough options is kind of stretching it....
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:46:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Im trying to find a set that i got last year at a show.....They are double Black heat shield in black M4 style with the holes On the Heat Shields on the sides, non on top or bottom

If anyone has a source let me know
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:47:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Is it possible you saw a gun that just had the handguards put on sideways? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's do-able.

I'm not saying we don't have choices, but they are mostly just variations on a theme. Off the top of my head we have:

- A1 triangular handguards
- A2 rounded (including M4)
- Free floats, often with lots of rails
- Badger Ordnance (anyone have experience with these?)

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:51:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I should of reRead my post..... I meant the Holes in the Heat Shields was on the sides

Corrected

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top