Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/23/2006 4:48:25 AM EDT
Has anyone else had their Rock River National Match trigger go from a crisp two stage to a numb one stage with a long pull? Mine did after less than 1000 rounds.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:53:51 AM EDT
Contact Rock River and they will make it right.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:59:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:49:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 8:55:06 AM EDT by klassik]
I have sent the trigger back to RRA. I just did'nt know if this was something I had to look forward to happening again or not.

I have put a mil-spec trigger in for now, so I have a rifle that works until I get the match trigger back.

What do you mean by the FCG was dirty? what is an FCG? and how would it get dirty?

Thanks for the welcome. It's nice to be an owner of the best rifle ever made.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:11:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:49:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 3:52:27 PM EDT by klassik]
Cool, I really don't think my failure was dirt, because I keep my guns very clean and I did take the trigger out and blasted it with the Break Free powder blast solvent. Then i reinstalled it and it was still F'd up. I think RRA will probably just send me a new trigger. I hope.

So your triggers have been totally reliable?
I have heard that the RRA match trigger is the only two stage used by tactical teams, and the only one allowed in certain competitions.

I guess I will put it back in instead of selling it like I was going to do when I got it back.

It was a beautiful trigger pull.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:32:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:01:41 AM EDT
Yeah RRA has been a terrific company to deal with and not to sound biased but I had the money to buy any rifle I wanted, even a Springfield M1A with the wicked Sage battle stock and I went with the RRA tactical Entry. I think they are the best rifles out there.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:07:00 PM EDT
I just got my trigger from RRA back today. They just sent me a whole new one. I hope this one proves to be more reliable > maybe I will just sell it and stick with the milspec.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:24:46 PM EDT
Mine has been totally reliable as well.

The break in for mine was double tap through about 350 rounds at a 3 gun match.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:53:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:57:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By klassik:
Has anyone else had their Rock River National Match trigger go from a crisp two stage to a numb one stage with a long pull? Mine did after less than 1000 rounds.

Something wore out on the trigger (sear/disconnector surfaces). There's a way to "fix" it by filing the disconnector at a certain spot, but as others have said, send it back to RRA for a replacement. I think they have some issues with material choice/hardening.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:34:43 AM EDT
I was wrong. They did not send me a new one they just fixed the old one. They just cleaned it real good and it made the marks I put on it hard to see. There is a mark on the back of the disconnector and the only explanation I could get from them was that they have ways to adjust them. It does work fine now. I have put about 300 rounds through it and still fine.
Top Top