Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 3:03:50 AM EDT
Who makes it? Les baer?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:06:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd go with either RRA or Bushmaster.  Personally I usually use Bushmaster.  Les Baer is most likely really one of the above anyway.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:09:49 AM EDT
[#2]
i have yet used a lpk that compared to bushmaster's quality and attention to detail.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:29:42 AM EDT
[#4]
CMT, Bushmaster, and RRA.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:36:08 AM EDT
[#5]
COLT!, BOG!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i have yet used a lpk that compared to bushmaster's quality and attention to detail.

Not trying to give you shit but that statement might be helpful if you actually listed what other LPK's you've used?

I've used 3 J&T Dist. kits, 2 RRA kits and 1 Armalite kit and I would rank them in that same order... J&T 1st followed VERY closely by RRA and then the Armalite kit coming in a VERY distant 3rd.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not trying to give you shit but that statement might be helpful if you actually listed what other LPK's you've used?

I've used 3 J&T Dist. kits, 2 RRA kits and 1 Armalite kit and I would rank them in that same order... J&T 1st followed VERY closely by RRA and then the Armalite kit coming in a VERY distant 3rd.

m&a
model1
cmt
rra
jt dist,
colt
bushmaster
armalite
dpms
beowulf
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

m&a
model1
cmt
rra
jt dist,
colt
bushmaster
armalite
dpms
beowulf

Damn!!

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I've used quite a few and "The Best" I have ever used was by Armalite and came in the small green plastic box.

I've used mostly RRA with very little problem.

The gun show kit I got once absolutely sucked.

Danny
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

m&a
model1
cmt
rra
jt dist,
colt
bushmaster
armalite
dpms
beowulf

Is that all? Now your statement has some weight behind it Something else to note is even kits from the same source may not always be consistent.

One of my J&T kits came with a bolt catch that wasn't exactly up to par and for some reason, also had a duckbill grip instead of an A2 Had that been the only J&T kit I had bought I probably wouldn't have thought much of them.

Some CMT kits come with the polished hammer. Don't know what good that serves but some kits aren't polished. If you bought a CMT kit expecting one of those polished hammers and didn't get it, you may not be very pleased.

Minuteman commented above that the Armalite kit he bought was the best he's used. Mine was so bad I didn't even use it (but I do love and still use the little box it came in )

Then there is the debate about what is "spec". One reason I've never bought a BM kit is the stupid (IMO) plastic trigger guards. I've heard the "reason" for it but I don't buy it. For a lot of people that doesn't matter because they are going to pitch it anyway in favor of a Magpul.

Some kits come with a "proper" flat head type pistol grip screw. While that may be the more correct part, I prefer the cap screw type.

I guess this is my long way of saying that there is no perfect kit. If you are not too picky and buy a quality kit form a reliable source you will probably be fine.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:40:58 AM EDT
[#11]
i have been through maybe 8-9 bushie lpk's and they have all been consistant as i only buy from reputable dealers or direct.

the plastic tg doesnt have sharp edges like some of the others and i could careless.
the cap screw imo is a better design, no slipping of the screwdriver and what not and feels a lot more solid when tightning.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top