Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/20/2006 2:26:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/20/2006 2:28:12 PM EDT by DSar15]
LMT rifles have obviously gotten great reviews recently. However the complete rifle is not available to civilians per company policy at the present time. Searching the EE forum reveals many complete uppers and lowers for sale. What is the downside to assembling a complete rifle from a random LMTupper and lower? Is this "parts" rifle any different than a complete rifle?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:42:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:05:59 PM EDT
+1 What Teknic said.

I bought my LMT upper and lower separate from a dealer here in the Equipment Exchange section of this site.

There is a slight difference in my upper and lower finish color but it's close enough and fine for me, you could get the same mismatch sometimes with other brands too.

Mine turned out great in the upper to lower fit, not loose or tight, just right.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:21:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 7:21:28 PM EDT by michealj]
I have two LMT rifles that I put together and one of them is perfect in color and fit, the other is perfect in fit, but the color is different by about one shade. Not a big deal to me as the one that is two tone may get a color change in the future.

I also have a friend who has a Rock River Arms that he bought as a complete rifle that is two tone, so I think you take your chances either way.
Top Top