Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 12:44:45 PM EDT
Anyone use these types to replace the stock buffer?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#2]
In short, yes.  I do...

TS
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Got one, love it, wouldn't do without it.  Mine is inside this little puppy.

MadDog
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Got one, love it, wouldn't do without it.  Mine is inside this little puppy.

MadDog
img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/MadDogDan/NewSBR.jpg

[hijack] What lower is that? [/hijack]

TS
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I got one about 2 weeks ago, and like it so far, it reduces the spring twang, and seems to help with follow ups, IMO
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm using one on a 14.5, and it does work as advertised. However, it does not lock back my bolt on an empty mag after last shot. Really isn't much of an issue for me, since all my HK's don't hold bolt open on an empty mag after the last shot either.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#7]
i use the mgi buffer with zero problems and superb effectiveness
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I might actually give the MGI a try. Pricy though, isn't it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#9]
....but well worth it, i have 7 of them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I just tried my Endine today for the first time.  Middy carbine.  Recoil is......       different.    I'm not entirely sold on it yet.   I had an H buffer in it before.  Just a couple of times it didn't lock back on empty, although I don't have a problem locking the bolt back manually.

Contrary to what others report, I saw the most difference shooting off the top of one of my (full) ammo cans.  I push the foregrip (which is out front) against the can; previously, the AR would jump back from the can on every shot.  Now, it stays virtually still.  

Felt recoil is reduced.  Offhand, the barrel jumps less (better than my 20" A2) - I'd say the Eotech reticle jumps up about 10 - 12" at 50 yards, just for an instant - and it seems to come back down on target much more consistently.  

I'll have to play with it more, and I also want to see what it does when it isn't 25 degrees outside.  I would also like to try the MGI buffer at some point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top