Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 5:45:03 PM EDT
I originally wanted a Elite CAR A4 but it looks like the local shop is out and will be for quite some time because RRA is backed up.  They do have the Entry Tactical and a few others.  My main requirements were 16" barrel, flat top upper, and chrome lined barrel.  Anyone have any of the other 16" AR's?  How big of an advantage is the mid length gas system?  Is a chrome lined barrel considered an essential item?

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like good advice.  Might as well get what I want!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wait for ther MID gas system.  I dont see any necessity for a chrome lined barrel. I have  bunch of 60yr old M1 Garands that still shoot great. None of those barrels are chrome lined. It doesnt take much to maintain a chrome moly barrel for a life time of use.

Do you have any RRA Elite A4 uppers with midlength handguards and chrome lined barrels?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wait for ther MID gas system.  I dont see any necessity for a chrome lined barrel. I have  bunch of 60yr old M1 Garands that still shoot great. None of those barrels are chrome lined. It doesnt take much to maintain a chrome moly barrel for a life time of use.

Do you have any RRA Elite A4 uppers with midlength handguards and chrome lined barrels?

Sorry, no, not at his time. I usually sel out of them quickly

I think I'll just put my money down on one and wait.

There are 3 guns that I wanted to pick up tomorrow and the local shop only has 1 of them
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, no, not at his time. I usually sel out of them quickly

I think I'll just put my money down on one and wait.

There are 3 guns that I wanted to pick up tomorrow and the local shop only has 1 of them

Buy practice ammo instead of the other 2 guns

I planned on picking up a Remington 700PSS, Remington 870P, and RRA Elite CAR A4.  The only one that is in stock is the 700PSS.  I dont have a scope and rings so practice ammo for it wouldnt be a whole lot of fun :)
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Midlength is nice!

Honestly, for 16" it just makes sense.  Why go with a shorter gas system unless you have to?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I would go with the midlength.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:25:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Go with the midlength --

That,s Great advise from Steve ------
"I have bunch of 60yr old M1 Garands that still shoot great. None of those barrels are chrome lined. It doesnt take much to maintain a chrome moly barrel for a life time of use."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top