Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2006 1:01:40 PM EDT
hi

I am thinking about buying a ar-15 from rock river arms or bushmaster. What company do you think is better to go with. I am looking for good accuracy, durability and good warrantie.

thanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
HI

I AM THINKING ABOUT BUY A AR-15 FORM ROCK RIVER ARMS OR BUSHMASTER ARMS . WHAT COMPANY DO YOU THINK IS BETTER TO GO WITH . I AM LOOKING FOR GOOD ACCURACY, DURABILITY AND GOOD WARRANTIE.

THANKS

First off, please loose the caps, were not deaf or blind...

OK, to answer your question... Either company will give you what your after... One thing to NOT get from either one of those companies is an upper that has M4 feedramps... That part of manufacturing neither company seems to have gotten right yet...

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
HI

I AM THINKING ABOUT BUY A AR-15 FORM ROCK RIVER ARMS OR BUSHMASTER ARMS . WHAT COMPANY DO YOU THINK IS BETTER TO GO WITH . I AM LOOKING FOR GOOD ACCURACY, DURABILITY AND GOOD WARRANTIE.

THANKS

OK, to answer your question... Either company will give you what your after... One thing to NOT get from either one of those companies is an upper that has M4 feedramps... That part of manufacturing neither company seems to have gotten right yet...

Please explain.  M4 feedramps?  Improve reliability? I've not had any problems with my RRA but I'm building an ultra reliable M4 and want to go with a light 1/7 barrel. So I want to know about this M4 feedramp thing ;)

bp
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
HI

THANKS

Please explain.  M4 feedramps?  Improve reliability? I've not had any problems with my RRA but I'm building an ultra reliable M4 and want to go with a light 1/7 barrel. So I want to know about this M4 feedramp thing ;)

bp

Heres 13 pages about the feedramp thing...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=191733
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:36:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
hi

I am thinking about buying a ar-15 from rock river arms or bushmaster. What company do you think is better to go with. I am looking for good accuracy, durability and good warrantie.

thanks

Rock River Arms. No question!!!!!  

Bushmaster has a good warranty, but it seems like too many people have to take advantage of it.  I know I did several time within a six month period.  

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
hi

thanks

Rock River Arms. No question!!!!!  

Bushmaster has a good warranty, but it seems like too many people have to take advantage of it.  I know I did several time within a six month period.  

you can't base an entire companies product on what happened to you and a couple people you heard about.  Bushmaster makes about 10 times the amount of AR's in a year than RRA does, so you are going to hear more complaints about them.

RRA does make a great product and I would have no problem buying one but I beleive Busy edges them out by a little.  All Bushy's are chrome lined (except the SS barrels) and they use 4150 steel which makes them a better AR.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
HI

THANKS

so a rifle is based on m4 feedramps?

i have several rifles without feedramps and none have ever had a failure to feed due to that out of over 20k rds combined. the ones with feedramps dont even have marks on the extended ramps in which the bullet nose would have rode up on. have you ever looked in the ejection port with a loaded mag loaded and bolt held back? the bullet nose clears the whole reciever area by far.

if you are referring to the fact that rock river dremels their extended feed ramps then thats another story of which i have never seen bushmaster with the "dremelled" feedramps.

i have 7 bbls from bushmaster and all bought new which none have crap feedramps. i do own one rra upper with the dremelled feedramp and it does suck and should be left without if its gonna be like that. but even though they are on there the are not needed nor hinder the functioning of the upper.

i also have three complete rifles from bushmaster that has never missed a beat nor needed any parts replaced one of which has over 10k through it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
HI

THANKS

i have several rifles without feedramps and none have ever had a failure to feed due to that out of over 20k rds combined. the ones with feedramps dont even have marks on the extended ramps in which the bullet nose would have rode up on. have you ever looked in the ejection port with a loaded mag loaded and bolt held back? the bullet nose clears the whole reciever area by far.

if you are referring to the fact that rock river dremels their extended feed ramps then thats another story of which i have never seen bushmaster with the "dremelled" feedramps.

i have 7 bbls from bushmaster and all bought new which none have crap feedramps. i do own one rra upper with the dremelled feedramp and it does suck and should be left without if its gonna be like that. but even though they are on there the are not needed nor hinder the functioning of the upper.

i also have three complete rifles from bushmaster that has never missed a beat nor needed any parts replaced one of which has over 10k through it.

Well, most of your reply has nothing to do with what I was talking about, the part highlighted in red does, though... And believe it or not, Bushmaster has used the ol dremel to destroy a few uppers, just like RRA has done so too...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
HI

THANKS

Well, most of your reply has nothing to do with what I was talking about, the part highlighted in red does, though... And believe it or not, Bushmaster has used the ol dremel to destroy a few uppers, just like RRA has done so too...

do you have pictures? or is this something you read?

i have only read of one case where there was dremeled ramps and it sounded like it was done by the dealer the guy bought the upper from.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#9]
The only picture I can post for you is from this thread, Direct from the factory with dremel butchered extended ramps: ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=267610&page=2

Ive read some where else before too about them doing the same, cant place where though, there's been a lot of reading done between then and now...

ETA: eklikwhoa, I've paid attention to your liking of Bushmaster and the defense you've put forth for that company and respect you for that... Im sort of like that with COLT these days too... To each there own, its a Chevy/Ford thing is all, nothing personal...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I have 3 Bushmasters and 4 Rock Rivers. That said the only service I have ever needed is Rock River. Have a rifle there now. But I would say for fit and finish Rock River wins.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top