Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:54:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SDgunner:
that looks sweet

+1

Originally Posted By Colt_SBR:
$$$$$$$$$$$

How much?

Looks nice.

+1 It's about damned time someone put a chrome lined 9mm barrel/ rifle out...

TS

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Colt_SBR/57985sm.gif
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:56:29 AM EDT
Any chance of a 10.5"?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:57:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TigerStripe:
It's about damned time someone put a chrome lined 9mm barrel/ rifle out...

Colt's aren't CHROME?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:00:54 AM EDT
Midlengths? (without the inane M203 barrel cut). And how about a custom length before chroming?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:26:43 AM EDT
Been waiting to see these for awhile. Where are the 10.5" 9mm barrels? :)
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:11:53 PM EDT
Will you be selling the barrel only..... if so .....write me an invoice.....
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:44:44 PM EDT
Quick question, why the attraction to 9mm AR's? Cheap plinking?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:00:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JackalAR:

The reason I want one is to shoot gongs safely at close ranges. In other words, good CQB reactive target practice.

Plus the cheap ammo!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:52:30 PM EDT

Cheap plinking, steel targets, indoor ranges, youth shooting practice, easier on the ears, probably more I can't think of.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:54:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By markm:

It's about damned time someone put a chrome lined 9mm barrel/ rifle out...

Colt's aren't CHROME?

I should have worded my statement better. A chrome lined 9mm flattop carbine would be nice. I don't care for Colt's politics, and I like older Clots. SP1, SP1 carbine, A1...

TS
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:41:50 PM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:53:23 AM EDT

Yes, and I have more options on which firing range I can go to with a pistol cal AR.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:35:03 AM EDT

I should have worded my statement better. A chrome lined 9mm flattop carbine would be nice. I don't care for Colt's politics, and I like older Clots. SP1, SP1 carbine, A1...

TS

Dig it! I don't know much about the 9mm platform. But I'm getting ready to do one!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:44:49 AM EDT
Damn, I shouldn't have asked...now I want one too.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:15:55 AM EDT
I don't mean to be a 9mm spoilsport, 'cause I'd like one too, but you're going to have to shoot a LOT of ammunition before you realize a savings, if then. Minimum for just an upper conversion is probably $600 plus. Then add magazines and the other toys you'll add to the upper. Thats like 3 cases of 5.56mm minimum. When you factor the cost of 9mm, you'll need to shoot probably 5 cases of 5.56 before you start to approach the cost of a 9mm upper and the equivalent ammo. On the other side, shoot 10 cases of 9mm, i.e. 10,000 rds before start saving money over shooting 5.56mm.

However, if you're looking to explain this to household six, the arguments of less recoil, use on indoor ranges, pistol type plates, etc. are all valid.

A 10.5" or 11.5" (for suppressor) upper in 9mm would be a lot of fun! I'm not real fond of a $300 FF rail on a 10.5" gun, but I have to admit they look pretty cool with just the end of a suppressor sticking out.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:52:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 5:53:33 AM EDT by Onslaught]

Originally Posted By Dorsai:
I don't mean to be a 9mm spoilsport, 'cause I'd like one too, but you're going to have to shoot a LOT of ammunition before you realize a savings, if then. Minimum for just an upper conversion is probably $600 plus. Then add magazines and the other toys you'll add to the upper. Thats like 3 cases of 5.56mm minimum. When you factor the cost of 9mm, you'll need to shoot probably 5 cases of 5.56 before you start to approach the cost of a 9mm upper and the equivalent ammo. On the other side, shoot 10 cases of 9mm, i.e. 10,000 rds before start saving money over shooting 5.56mm.

However, if you're looking to explain this to household six, the arguments of less recoil, use on indoor ranges, pistol type plates, etc. are all valid.
A 10.5" or 11.5" (for suppressor) upper in 9mm would be a lot of fun! I'm not real fond of a $300 FF rail on a 10.5" gun, but I have to admit they look pretty cool with just the end of a suppressor sticking out.

I had a Beretta Storm in 9mm, and I can definitely attest that these were (to me) very significant benefits. The noise/blast was barely more than a .22, and I could shoot it at my father-in-law's house (in the "country", surrounded by 200 acres of woods) just 50 yards from the house, and nobody inside the house could even HEAR it! I tried that once with a Mini-14 and my wife came out after the third shot... "that's too loud, you need to stop"!

There was absolutely ZERO recoil with everything except Winchester white box, which had mild recoil, about the same or slightly less than an AR. (WWB is very hot ammo, so I can understand the 29% increase in velocity with it).

My son's favorite thing to do was shoot the Storm at steel plates at 25 and 50 yards. He'd stand there all day if I'd let him, and just ding those plates. In fact, every kid in the family (nieces, nephews, etc) had to shoot the Storm.

I sold the Storm because the mags were expensive (compared to ARs), accessories were expensive and limited, trigger sucked, no smiths would do any work on them, and although everyone else was having a blast with it, there was an AR10 that was calling MY name...

I'll definitely consider getting another 9mm rifle, and if I do, it would be an AR platform.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:21:24 AM EDT
Sure..... but what mags will it require?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:23:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Onslaught:

Originally Posted By Dorsai:

I had a Beretta Storm in 9mm, and I can definitely attest that these were (to me) very significant benefits. The noise/blast was barely more than a .22, and I could shoot it at my father-in-law's house (in the "country", surrounded by 200 acres of woods) just 50 yards from the house, and nobody inside the house could even HEAR it! I tried that once with a Mini-14 and my wife came out after the third shot... "that's too loud, you need to stop"!

There was absolutely ZERO recoil with everything except Winchester white box, which had mild recoil, about the same or slightly less than an AR. (WWB is very hot ammo, so I can understand the 29% increase in velocity with it).

My son's favorite thing to do was shoot the Storm at steel plates at 25 and 50 yards. He'd stand there all day if I'd let him, and just ding those plates. In fact, every kid in the family (nieces, nephews, etc) had to shoot the Storm.

I sold the Storm because the mags were expensive (compared to ARs), accessories were expensive and limited, trigger sucked, no smiths would do any work on them, and although everyone else was having a blast with it, there was an AR10 that was calling MY name...

I'll definitely consider getting another 9mm rifle, and if I do, it would be an AR platform.

Damn, the new production Storm mags were more then $50 or were you referencing the cheap POS Promags?

It's cool to see a chrome lined but I'll NEVER own 16inch 9mm barrel. Way too much barrel for a 9mm and I have "options"

NEED 2 C SHORTY'S
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:08:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 9:10:33 AM EDT by Onslaught]

Originally Posted By Mrrogers1:

Damn, the new production Storm mags were more then $50 or were you referencing the cheap POS Promags?

I had one factory Storm mag that I paid $55 for... I know generic factory were $30-ish, and MecGar has some for $25, but I'm spoiled with the $10 - $15 each AR mags, so even the MecGars were too rich for my blood!

I wanted my Storm barrel shortened with a long FS, but I couldn't find anyone to do that. If I had one of these, I'd want a 12.5" bbl with a 4.5" FS.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:30:00 AM EDT
unless the beta is just sitting there i would assume that it was a colt style mag block being that the beta is only offered for the colt style blocks.

close ups or a clearer picture would be great. the area above the ejection port looks different.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:18:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
unless the beta is just sitting there i would assume that it was a colt style mag block being that the beta is only offered for the colt style blocks.

close ups or a clearer picture would be great. the area above the ejection port looks different.

Its Colt style mags
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:58:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 1:59:21 PM EDT by Gimme_A_Carbine]
Does anyone besides Oly use anything apart from the Colt's system?

CMMG-Where is that stock from, or is that a garage/workshop modded stock?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:25:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gimme_A_Carbine:

That is the Command Arms Stock...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:00:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/3/2006 12:01:14 AM EDT by Gimme_A_Carbine]

Originally Posted By AFSOC:

Originally Posted By Gimme_A_Carbine:

That is the Command Arms Stock...

Damn thing is uglier than my Magpul. Looks sort of neat though. Anyone have any comments on it, good or bad, somewhere else on the board? I don't want to hijack the thread. I eagerly await more details on the new 9mm barrels from CMMG.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:03:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:

Have we mentioned yet that there's no forward assist, or is that just the standard for 9mm ARs?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:09:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Onslaught:

Have we mentioned yet that there's no forward assist, or is that just the standard for 9mm ARs?

9mm = no forward assist or integral deflector.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:03:43 AM EDT
Damn that looks good!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:45:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cfbigdaddy:
Any chance of a 10.5"?

+1. With 1/2x28 threads available as an option.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:05:54 AM EDT
I just bought one...... barrel only....I'll post a report when I put it all together.... should have it tomorrow
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:51:27 PM EDT
Well? It's tommorrow. I pick mine up Saturday. I can't wait.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:16:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By akginmaster:
Well? It's tommorrow. I pick mine up Saturday. I can't wait.

actually.....I've had it and had to send it back because of fitting issues..... In fact John has it now and we should figure out the problem shortly......
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:11:24 AM EDT
I just picked up a 9mm AR last Sat., and have had it out shooting twice this week---it has become one of those "where have you been all my life?" guns. Outstanding fun and a worthy weapon as long as you know its limitations. I recommend 9mm carbines FOR EVERYONE
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:09:20 PM EDT
Is their a problem using a standard AR15 upper to build a 9mm?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:11:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MaddMan:
Is their a problem using a standard AR15 upper to build a 9mm?

Nope.............
Top Top