Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 7:38:05 PM EDT
Super tight and binds on all my GI mags.Whats the fix?   I don't wanna send these 2 Lowers back but cannot seat mags,they bind up.    Any experience here?    Carefull filing?I don't wanna file off the anodizing........
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#1]
have you contacted LCW to see if they would take care of it for you?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#2]
My LCW lower's mag well is a little on the tight side, but not to the point of binding. Maybe they were a little too liberal with the duracoat?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:07:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmm... if I'm not mistaken. LCW lowers are made by LMT aren't they?

If so, all I'll say is this is not the first time people have had problems with LMT lowers having tight mag wells. My PWA\LMT lower had a tight mag well but it has loosened up with time\use (but mine wasn't "super tight" to start with).

If you have two of these and they are both "super tight" then I personally would send them both back and ask the dealer to pay for any shipping costs.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:22:29 AM EDT
[#4]
This issue has been brought up before about LMT manufactured lowers.  

Assuming you have good USGI mags I would definitely contact the dealer you bought it from and see about getting the lower replaced.   I would not recommend trying to fix yourself.

BTW, I also have an LCW lower but my mag well is in spec and all my mags drop free.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:51:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, the Lauer lowers are made by LMT, and I don't think they're duracoated (from seeing my friend's).

Contact Lauer.  They are a relatively small business and I'm sure they'll take care of you.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:17:33 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 on contacting lcw before you fubar the magwell
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top