Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/29/2006 2:27:46 PM EDT
I have a Bushmaster rifle with a Wilson 24" Bull Barrel that I purchased from ADCO. I heard that installing a Flash Hider/Flash Suppressor will will decrease the accuracy of the rifle. Is it true? If it is not true, are there any companies that make something for a Bull Barrel. I seen one at JP rifles that looked like it would work. The barrel is .920 at the end. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:45:38 PM EDT
This is the $87,000 question. Some say it does, some say it does not. I have seen "quailty" FS and brakes do nothing to the groups other then change the POI a little but nothing a click or two from you scope wouldn't fix. The cheaper FS and brakes don't always get put on nice uppers but more plunkers where sub MOA accuracy is not really a big issue.

Your upper can be a very nice shooter. I'm guessing your barrel is not threaded. I suggest saying FAR away from the slip over FS and brakes that use small allen screws to hold it to the barrel. The key to accuracy is consistancy and if the FS/brake moves just a little your groups will open up. If you really want a FS/brake then send your barrel in to get threaded. Bushmaster may do it for a small fee. I know DPMS will for $40 as I have looked into it for my 16" bull upper but they may only touch their barrels. In the end I decided not to mess with a good thing as my groups are at 1/4 inch at 100 yardshttp://64.124.10.205/ar/ar1_4inch.JPG
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:49:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By triggeritch:
This is the $87,000 question. Some say it does, some say it does not. I have seen "quailty" FS and brakes do nothing to the groups other then change the POI a little but nothing a click or two from you scope wouldn't fix. The cheaper FS and brakes don't always get put on nice uppers but more plunkers where sub MOA accuracy is not really a big issue.

Your upper can be a very nice shooter. I'm guessing your barrel is not threaded. I suggest saying FAR away from the slip over FS and brakes that use small allen screws to hold it to the barrel. The key to accuracy is consistancy and if the FS/brake moves just a little your groups will open up. If you really want a FS/brake then send your barrel in to get threaded. Bushmaster may do it for a small fee. I know DPMS will for $40 as I have looked into it for my 16" bull upper but they may only touch their barrels. In the end I decided not to mess with a good thing as my groups are at 1/4 inch at 100 yards

64.124.10.205/ar/ar1_4inch.JPG

Very nice groupings. I just E-Mailed Steve Adco and he said it wasn't a good idea. I think I am with you guys. Don't mess with a good thing. I guess.
Top Top