Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 5:29:27 PM EDT
About a year and a half ago I bought a Bushmaster special run 1/7 16" heavy barrel.  I'm just now getting around to having it reprofiled and was wondering if any one else who bought these barrels has reprofiled and if so what were the dimensions?  How was the acuracy afterwards etc?  
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:56:33 AM EDT
[#1]
i would probably just do under the handguards to govt profile
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:46:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one.  I had it profiled to 0.75 for the entire length (medium weight).  I never could get it to shoot any better than 2moa with 75gr OTM so I sold it.  At that profile it was 'too heavy' IMHO for a carbine barrel, and not accurate enough for a Recce type carbine.  My 1:9 M4s and LW shot the 75gr OTM just as well.

Get it profiled to something light and handy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:49:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:09:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I reprofiled one to just over gov't specs under the handguards.  I think I went to around 0.675", but can't remember for sure.  There was no noticable difference in accuracy.  It is, after all, a utility barrel, not a target barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top