Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 1:21:46 PM EDT
What is a good price on a bushmaster lower at a local gunshop?

My local shop just started stocking them and I can get one for $200 out the door.... What is the going rate for them off the net? And does this sound like a pretty fair price to be able to just pick one up any day of the week and not have shipping/FFL fees?

Thanks,
JOsh
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:42:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:48:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By new-arguy:
Bushmaster lowers are expensive. Have you considered another brand? I work at a shop and we sell more Bushmaster rifles than anything else, but wont stock their lowers because I dont know anyone who would pay the extra money for them when you can get a Rock River lower for far less. One dealer in town sells Bushmaster stripped lowers for like $250. Wow!

Well im using a DPMS lower on my beowulf. Got it decently priced at a gun show. My closest ffl is weird about transfers and charges $40 for a lower...... ....

Only place I can go is gunshows my im on call on my job and i work a lot at the current time so its hard for me to get to a gunshow, and its hard for me to travel to any of the other ffls in my area that will doa transfer....
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:42:44 PM EDT
I bought a complete new one with an A2 stock for $270 at a local store. I figured after shipping and transfer if bought online it would be around the same or more.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:44:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KD5TXX:
I bought a complete new one with an A2 stock for $270 at a local store. I figured after shipping and transfer if bought online it would be around the same or more.

They had complete ones, but its a waste for me to get one because I dont really like the A2 stock, and have several of them laying around....
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:22:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jcovercash:

Originally Posted By KD5TXX:

They had complete ones, but its a waste for me to get one because I dont really like the A2 stock, and have several of them laying around....

Turn 'em loose on the Equipment Exchange. There's always a market for A2 stocks and internals.

Tom

PS, I agree with the earlier posters. BM lowers are expnsive, roughly 2x anyone else, and unless you buy an old Hesse lower, you will not get 2x the quality/reliability/etc from it. LAR/RRA/Mega/Stag are all cheaper, better alternatives.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:36:31 AM EDT
i paid around $150 for a stripped lower locally
Top Top