Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 7:05:06 AM EDT
Hello all,
I am new to the world of AR15 rifles.  I have never owned one, but I would like to purchase one.  I have a couple of friends that have AR15 rifles and I went to them.  One has a Colt Lower with an Olympic Arms upper.  The barrel is free floated.  He is asking $700.  I have no idea if this is an ok deal or not.  The lower is a feather weight or light weight.  I don't know if that makes any difference or not.

Any and all comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dennis
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds high to me, especially for a cobbled together rifle.

I would not pay that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:41:59 AM EDT
[#2]
What would be a fair price to offer for the gun?  Also, I have liked what I have read about Rock River Arm.  What do they run?

Thanks
Dennis
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What would be a fair price to offer for the gun?  Also, I have liked what I have read about Rock River Arm.  What do they run?

Thanks
Dennis

"Fair" is a relative term. Fair to you means one thing, to the seller another and yet to me probably something else altogether. Offer him what you are *willing* to pay for the rifle. Depending on how bad he wants the money or the rifle, you will find out.

Google is YOUR friend.

www.rockriverarms.com

www.adcofirearms.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top