Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/26/2006 4:40:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 4:46:33 AM EDT by HogSniper]
looking for pros & cons of these 2 stocks. I currently have a CMT m4 stock & receiver extention now, so I understand I could just buy the LMT stock only & save a few bucks. I want to eliminate any rattle/play. I like the looks of the LMT better, but if the Magpul is more sturdy & functional, then let me know. I'm after a better cheek weld & no rattle. I use this rifle for calling predators a lot, so the rattle has got to go. Forgot to add, I currently have an ACOG TA01NSN on rifle, so you guys may know which stock works better with these type optics.

Appreciate it,

HS
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:12:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 5:14:24 AM EDT by Matt_B]
Visit the tacked thread linked below to find answers you seek.

Choosing the best collapsible stock for "you"

Also, don't let the look of a particular stock color your buying decision. After all, what matters more, how the stock looks or how it functions. When you shoulder it, you don't see it, you feel it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:46:05 AM EDT
Thanks Matt. Yeah I've read that before, but havn't checked for a while. That new Magpul UBR stock looks like it may be worth waiting for now. I like the looks of it much better than the M93's. I can handle my standard M4 stock for a few more months I guess Glad I saw that.

Take care,
HS
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:45:59 AM EDT
To eliminate confusion, the newest Magpul stock is the "CTR". That's the one we're are seeing pics and should be available sometime in late Feb. It is not intended to replace the M93B. The next stock they will be releasing is the "UBR" and, from what I have read, will be similar to the M93B.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:53:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:37:53 AM EDT
Any pics of the UBR made it out yet?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:39:26 AM EDT
I like the SOPMOD stock.

I bought an M93 weeks ago but haven't installed it yet.

It's a little hard to get used to. (not at all conventional).

When my MRP comes back from ABS maybe I'll be brave and throw it on a gun and see if I can deal with it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:18:26 AM EDT
I like the sturdiness of the magpul. As to cheek weld, I prefer the SOPMOD for firing upright, and the M93 for prone work. I can live with both for either task though. It just means that if I built an SBR it would have a SOPMOD stock and my Recce will have an M93.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:48:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Green0:
I bought an M93 weeks ago but haven't installed it yet. It's a little hard to get used to. (not at all conventional).

That's because it was designed for unconventional warfare.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:28:05 PM EDT
With years on the old collapsible stocks I have to think to ajust this one. It may come quickly in use I'll have to see-- but the reason why it isn't on a gun today is because it is a totally different system and needs to be re-learned.

When I feel like learning I'll put it on.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:48:15 PM EDT
I am on Mappul #2. The first is an M93 and the second is an M93B. I am sold on the stock. It is sturdy, very stable, and rattle free. I have shot the old collapsible stock and the so called new and improved collapsible stock. The Magpul is light years ahead of the old stocks. I know the Vltor and LMT have their following, but I see both those stocks as just an evolution of the original stock. They went with the old buffer tube and therefor are limited by it too. The multiple positions, the tab that allows you to save your position, and the rattle free design on the M93 series is to me what makes the investment worth while.

IDHunt
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:11:37 PM EDT
Biggest difference to me is the LMT has a flat/straight butt and the M93 is concave which I prefer. I will be getting the UBR when it is released as I have owned every M93 version back to the original experimental version.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:24:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 11:25:26 PM EDT by STG77]
Do you shoot nose to charging handle or with your head towards the back of the stock?

If you're like me and you don't shoot NTCH, the M93 isn't very comfortable.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:59:17 AM EDT
What the hell is a UBR?

I don't see the Crane and Vltor as limited by the old tube as much as "compatible with the old tube"

For issued weapons that matters quite a bit.

The M93 may well be a better design. If I had started on it I may well have been a punch drinker by now. It would have been nice if they could have kept the stock latch operating similarly. I guess really it shouldn't be a big issue as I really don't ajust the stock in use so if I took a trip somewhere for an extended period of time it probably would probably only get ajusted once.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:30:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Green0:
What the hell is a UBR?

Check out the first post in this thread for info.
Top Top