Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 6:31:27 PM EDT
Anybody have one of these on their 16" upper?  I'm thinking it may look kinda cool on my Colt 6721 ...  Check it out halfway down the page ..

5 1/2 Slipover Flash Hider

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I doubt it would look cool but I have thought it might function like a Noveske FH.  Directing muzzle blast forward.   I could be off on that but I don't see why it wouldn't work.  
It is of course longer than a Noveske FH.

Maybe one of those on a 16inch dissapator or perm on a 14.5 with a rifle length rail [or if thre is a rail an inch longer than a std rifle length] system and low profile gas block wouldn't look bad.

With that extra inch you wouldn't see anything but the FH comming out the front of the rail system.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:43:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I doubt it would look cool but I have thought it might function like a Noveske FH.  Directing muzzle blast forward.   I could be off on that but I don't see why it wouldn't work.  
It is of course longer than a Noveske FH.

Maybe one of those on a 16inch dissapator or perm on a 14.5 with a rifle length rail [or if thre is a rail an inch longer than a std rifle length] system and low profile gas block wouldn't look bad.

With that extra inch you wouldn't see anything but the FH comming out the front of the rail system.

the design or intention is nothing similar to the noveske and this thing will bellow a massive fireball with the right ammo.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:17:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks eklikwhoa! Saved me from having go find the pic and post it again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#5]
If your just wanting the "Look" just about any one will do.  I have 2 XM clones, one is a real 10.5/5.5 and the other is using a slip over.  The reason I originaly went with a slip over was to have the ability to use a Hollywood blank adaptor, but the last one I picked up was made in a way that it would not hold the HBFA in place.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#6]
"the design or intention is nothing similar to the noveske and this thing will bellow a massive fireball with the right ammo."

It's purely cosmetic but it's still a big 5 inch tube on the end of the gun that should direct the blast forward.  

The flash comming out of Noveske FH's in a picture I have seen suggests it really doesn't do too well at flash reduction either.  (a Ar15.comers 10.5 with a big 1.5ft fire ball in daylight.)
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
"the design or intention is nothing similar to the noveske and this thing will bellow a massive fireball with the right ammo."

It's purely cosmetic but it's still a big 5 inch tube on the end of the gun that should direct the blast forward.  

The flash comming out of Noveske FH's in a picture I have seen suggests it really doesn't do too well at flash reduction either.  (a Ar15.comers 10.5 with a big 1.5ft fire ball in daylight.)

the slipover has nowhere near 5" and its just a hollowed out fh. the noveske/krink is designed differently internally.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I wasn't talking about the slipover.  I was talking about the 5inch FH people weld to 11.5's

A lot of hollow tube there.  

I am aware of the internal design of the Bulgarian Krink cone, Noveske KFH, and KFX.  I own them all.  

I understand they use what appear to me to be a really weak expansion chamber and cones but I also understand the 5.5 is a lot of tube.

My guess was based on my experience with an old-school  5.56 suppressor popping and sending the endcap and baffles downrange.  Granted the tube was a lot larger, but the report [tube minus baffles and end-cap] had a very different sound and blast was directed downrange through the hollow tube (kind of like yelling through a document tube.  Longer sound with less felt pressure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top