Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/22/2006 10:59:42 AM EDT
I purchased a new collapsible stock for my 2001 LEGP M4gery at the local fun show. My M4gery has the fixed position collapsible stock install currently and I am wondering if there is a way to install the new stock without the speciality tool needed to remove the jam nut that fixes the stock to the lower.

Also, the new stock came with a buffer spring with a shorter buffer installed in it as compared to my faux collapsibe stock. I assume I should use the spring with the shorter buffer?

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:46:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/22/2006 8:32:30 PM EDT by theshootersden]

Originally Posted By Magnus357:
I purchased a new collapsible stock for my 2001 LEGP M4gery at the local fun show. My M4gery has the fixed position collapsible stock install currently and I am wondering if there is a way to install the new stock without the speciality tool needed to remove the jam nut that fixes the stock to the lower.

Also, the new stock came with a buffer spring with a shorter buffer installed in it as compared to my faux collapsibe stock. I assume I should use the spring with the shorter buffer?

It would be best to use the proper tool to remove the old stock and to install the new one... A pipe wrench would do the job but it will also chew up the castle nut... The right tool for the job is around $6-8 plus shipping... Its worth every penny...

As for the buffer... The fixed stocks use a longer rifle buffer so you would definitly want to use the shorter carbine buffer that comes with the collapsible stock...

Heres what you need to do the job... www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=16882&s=
Top Top