Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 10:59:42 AM EDT
I purchased a new collapsible stock for my 2001 LEGP M4gery at the local fun show.  My M4gery has the fixed position collapsible stock install currently and I am wondering if there is a way to install the new stock without the speciality tool needed to remove the jam nut that fixes the stock to the lower.

Also, the new stock came with a buffer spring with a shorter buffer installed in it as compared to my faux collapsibe stock.  I assume I should use the spring with the shorter buffer?  

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I purchased a new collapsible stock for my 2001 LEGP M4gery at the local fun show.  My M4gery has the fixed position collapsible stock install currently and I am wondering if there is a way to install the new stock without the speciality tool needed to remove the jam nut that fixes the stock to the lower.

Also, the new stock came with a buffer spring with a shorter buffer installed in it as compared to my faux collapsibe stock.  I assume I should use the spring with the shorter buffer?  

It would be best to use the proper tool to remove the old stock and to install the new one... A pipe wrench would do the job but it will also chew up the castle nut... The right tool for the job is around $6-8 plus shipping... Its worth every penny...

As for the buffer... The fixed stocks use a longer rifle buffer so you would definitly want to use the shorter carbine buffer that comes with the collapsible stock...

Heres what you need to do the job... www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=16882&s=
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top