Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/20/2006 8:38:54 AM EDT
I am a newb. I am going to build up a lower reciever for use in CA; and I just wanted to know what is the best LRPK out there. I guess I want a nice balance in economy and quality, I dont think I want to purchase a match trigger at the moment. I have to delegate funds to other areas of the project.

Are there any recommendations?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:20:32 AM EDT
You can't go wrong with CMT/Stag Arms or Bushmaster. I've used both with success. I prefer the slotted, stainless grip screw and aluminum trigger guard of the CMT to the blued, hex grip screw and plastic trigger guard of the Bushmaster, but I also think the machining is a tad better on the Bushmaster compared to the CMT. As they are mass produced parts, others will have different experiences I'm sure and some will recommend other brands. But, these are the only two i have experience with.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:34:34 AM EDT
I really appreciate you taking the time to give me your information from your personal experience.

Here is what I want to achieve while saving money by not ordering duplicate parts in kits.

I want the Magpul MIAD full grip kit (I guess I wont need a grip or trigger guard.)

So are there QUALITY kits that do not offer a grip and trigger guard but everything else I need to complete my lower recieve (again I am not ready for a match grade trigger.) I would be happy with a mil spec STYLE/quality trigger (But again, if I can find some decent stuff that feels better than mil-spec for an affordable price; I am all for it.)

Thanks again,

Jonathan.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:58:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WanganKin:
I am a newb. I am going to build up a lower reciever for use in CA; and I just wanted to know what is the best LRPK out there. I guess I want a nice balance in economy and quality, I dont think I want to purchase a match trigger at the moment. I have to delegate funds to other areas of the project.

Are there any recommendations?

Thanks,

First of all, congratulations on your purchase. I'm ecstatic to see so many new members, especially from our state.

Here's another vote for the Stag/CMT and Bushmaster kits. I'll even throw in two more into the mix, RRA and DPMS.

In my experiences with the lowers that I've built up (pre-2000), all have been nearly equal to the naked eye and with regard to reliability as well. The only one that was the "loser" was the DPMS, but that was because of surface rust on the bolt catch, which was present on arrival.

-Jim
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:31:44 PM EDT
Stag/CMT

You won't find a LPK withought the grip and trigger guard. Keep 'em as spares or sell 'em for a couple bucks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:34:09 PM EDT
STAG/CMT best quality parts kit out there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:02:40 PM EDT
As was stated above, you won't be able to find a LPK without the grip and associated hardware and the trigger guard. But, you can order individual parts from Bushmaster. Just go down the list and order everything you need and not the parts you don't need. This will save you a few bucks and you won't have extra parts laying around. If you hunt around for the excellent Lower Receiver Assembly guide by FALARAK; it has a list of all the lower parts and you can use it to double check your order to ensure you don't forget anything.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:47:00 AM EDT
compared to jt,model1,rra,dpms and colt the bushmaster lpk's have been the best i have used.
Top Top