Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/20/2006 8:08:32 AM EDT
I'm really pondering getting an MRP. I notice that LMT distributors sell the MRP uppers without a bolt assembly. So does that mean you can buy any LMT or other AR bolt and drop it in? What about headspacing?

Please explain.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:21:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ocabj:
I'm really pondering getting an MRP. I notice that LMT distributors sell the MRP uppers without a bolt assembly. So does that mean you can buy any LMT or other AR bolt and drop it in? What about headspacing?

Please explain.

Thanks.

With new uppers sans b/bc/ch, while it's not a bad idea to check the headspacing on it using GO/NO-GO headspace guages, for the most part you should be okay.

The headspacing on the AR15/M16 is set when the barrel is afixed to barrel extension, (which is one reason you should never buy a barrel unless it comes with the barrel extension already mounted, unless your a competent gunsmith familar with setting the headspace on these rifles)

FWIW under the INFORMATION button above you can see the parts discussed above.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:17:08 PM EDT
usgi bcg, you should have no problems.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:20:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/20/2006 2:21:17 PM EDT by Duffy]
I should think it's a good thing we're not required to use LMT "enhanced" bolt, seen enough of them fail, I stick with the tried and true USGI bolt and carrier
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:35:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By meateater:
usgi bcg, you should have no problems.

+1, that is what I use with both of mine.
Top Top