Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 6:14:52 AM EDT
Is there anywhere that sells Carbon Fiber lower receivers either stripped or complete.  I would like to have one for an ultralight build.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#1]
i thought bushmaster had some
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:10:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is there anywhere that sells Carbon Fiber lower receivers either stripped or complete.  I would like to have one for an ultralight build.

Bushmaster has them for sale...... Just got off the phone with them and the part number you are looking for is AZ15780..... Carbon 15 Lower

Good Luck
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:31:09 AM EDT
[#3]
buy any chance, do you know the price of it?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:07:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I think there are some in Shotgun news in the JKFinc. ad. Made by "Vulcan" arms, whoever they are. $70.-

Edit: I think vulcan arms was formerly "Hesse"  

Edit 2: ok, Vulcan is a carbon / ARAMID material, is this different from carbon fiber made by Bushmaster?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:38:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Going to a carbon fiber lower is not going to save you but a few oz.

On the other hand, the Cav II lower, also sold by Armalite, saves quite a bit as it is also the grip and buttstock.  The whole assembly is somewhat lighter than a conventional metal lower, with it's metal buffer tube, etc.  

Advantage, KISS design.  Generous mag well size, all of my mags drop free.  Mine (or rather, claimed by my daughter now) has a pencil barrel, flattop upper, DPMS standalone rear sight, tips the scale at just a hair over 6 lb.

Disadvantage, fixed length, not adjustable.

(Most recent photo)

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think there are some in Shotgun news in the JKFinc. ad. Made by "Vulcan" arms, whoever they are. $70.-

Edit: I think vulcan arms was formerly "Hesse"  

Edit 2: ok, Vulcan is a cabon / ARAMID material, is this different from carbon fiber made by Bushmaster?

JKF stopped stocking them because they were cracking. Now they only carry the billet style by Sun Devil Man. which I've been waiting for for a month.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
On the other hand, the Cav II lower...Disadvantage, fixed length, not adjustable.

While I don't disagree that some folks would prefer a collapsible stock so they can adjust the LOP, it should be noted that the stock on the Cav Arms lower is the same length as an A1 stock which is 5/8" shorter than the current issue A2 stock.

The reason I mention this is because I've been intrigued buy the fact that the Cav Arms II lower can be adapted (with the proper upper of course) for .45 ACP. As it turns out, I have my Magpul stocks presets set to almost the exact same LOP as an A1 stock and find this LOP very comfortable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top