Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/11/2006 6:18:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2006 6:19:44 AM EDT by HogSniper]
Wondering how good the floating railed handguards are that come on these uppers? Are these locked to upper to prevent twist? Not a bad deal they have with all the options if quality is good.

Also if you have one, how do you like or dislike it?

Thanks,
HS

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:30:37 AM EDT
Thoose are YHM Modular Handguards

They ring on the right of them is a locking nut, whitch makes them incredably stable.

I sent my Fulton Upper with those rails to Grant to have them replaced with Midwest Industries #20 rails.

My YHM rails were off spec so I was unable to install a Tango Down Vert Grip or a Fobus Light Mount.

They are also not level with the upper reciever, so it is impossible to have optics go from the upper to the rail.

I would suggest a 2 piece rail handguard. They are much easier to install and take off. The one piece design makes you take off the flash suppresor and gas block. Which is a major bitch.

Ask any other questions, I would be glad to help.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:25:20 PM EDT
I thought those looked like YHM, wasn't sure, thanks. I for sure wan't some level with receiver. I will take a look at the MI.

I need an entire upper for a RRA lower.

Take care,
HS
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:43:18 PM EDT
I would say YHM rails that are not even with the top rail is very uncommon and would not base my decision on that factor.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:56:54 PM EDT
more like lightweights than modulars.
Top Top