Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 5:43:55 PM EDT
Hey is there that bg a difference between a DCM upper, and a HBAR to justify the cost..I want to build another ar-15 and I want a super accureate 20 and was thinking of building it with a DCM upper.  I just want to hear what you guys have to say.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
DCM uppers have Free floated handguards, match sights, and are Service rifle legal in Hipower competetions.  They generally have a larger barrel profile than the HBAR.  Those differences are why they cost more than a standard HBAR upper, and they are a lot more accurate due to the FF Stainless steel barrel.  If you are going for good accuracy for not a lot of $$$, get a Varmint upper from RRA or whoever.  They are a lot easier to scope, weigh less, and cost less than a DCM upper.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top