Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 5:47:37 PM EDT
Any purchased anything from http://www.model1sales.com before? Wanted to know more about the company before I buy?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Use the search engine tab to check it out.  You should find plenty of results.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#2]
The Search will find a bunch of folks that think they are great ... and a bunch of folks that think they suck.  I will be purchasing my SBR upper from them .....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used them some stuff is good and some is a little out of spec but it's cheap

basically you get what you pay for
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Are their E R Shaw barrel kits decent quality?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I just today ordered parts from a dealer on the board(Tecknic).  All I have is a stripped lower so I basically bought a whole kit.  I got all name brand stuff(Stag) for basically the same price that Model 1 sales would have charged.  It's worth a few phone calls.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:25:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah how bought the uppers? Was going to buy the 6.8 upper from them.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I just bought an XM177 upper from Model 1 and my impression is great thus far.

The black finish matches my Stag lower perfectly, no blemishes or dings, and the takedown and pivot pins are a nice snug fit.  Very solid upper/lower fitment.  I patch-cleaned the bore and chamber, no imperfections I can see internally.  My only wish was that it came in a 1/7 twist barrel.

(I live in a ban state for now, and options for fake flash hiders that can be machined open later when I move to the USA are limited)

I haven't fired it yet as I'm waiting for my RRA bolt carrier group to arrive, will post a range report when it happens.  I expect it to be loud, but not as obnoxious as a compensator/brake on a longer barrel.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I've bought from them , there about the same quality as some "name brands". Not as good as Colt though. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:33:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Are their E R Shaw barrel kits decent quality?

Our ER Shaw barrels are the extact same barrels that you get on Colt rifle.  Shaw does not have different grades of barrels.

223chris:

What parts were out of spec?  Did you call and let us know what the problem was with the parts?  We sell the exact same parts as other big names sell.  Matter of fact, some of them buy from us including the "C" company.

srt205
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:41:05 AM EDT
[#10]
ordered  upper on Tuesday had it Friday. I have not tested it yet. fit anfd finish are fine.
A++.....good $$$$ too
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:57:33 AM EDT
[#11]
UPDATE:  360+ rounds of mixed XM193, IMI, and Wolf thru it on Sunday with zero defects.  Very accurate at 30yds on paper, didn't get to shoot at longer range yet.  I had the bolt internals and external lubed w/ white lithium grease for the initial shoot, same as I've done w/ all my other black rifles.  After cleanup, it'll be getting my brew of Mobil 1 5W-30 engine oil + moly additive from now on.

It's a total mutt gun:

Model-1 XM177-type upper w/ fake flash hider that works surprisingly well, no visible muzzle blast even w/ the XM193.

Rock River Arms bolt carrier group, Stag lower w/ DPMS parts kit and RRA shorty stock.  

I broke in the barrel by shooting 10rds, swabbing the bore w/ CLP, repeat for 10 iterations...then blast away.  Unscientific methodology but no evidence it hurts anything.

Pics came out really bad b/c of sun glare, I'll try to tweak tonight and post something.

Quoted:

The black finish matches my Stag lower perfectly, no blemishes or dings, and the takedown and pivot pins are a nice snug fit.  Very solid upper/lower fitment.  I patch-cleaned the bore and chamber, no imperfections I can see internally.  My only wish was that it came in a 1/7 twist barrel.

(I live in a ban state for now, and options for fake flash hiders that can be machined open later when I move to the USA are limited)

I haven't fired it yet as I'm waiting for my RRA bolt carrier group to arrive, will post a range report when it happens.  I expect it to be loud, but not as obnoxious as a compensator/brake on a longer barrel.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:57:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
UPDATE:  360+ rounds of mixed XM193, IMI, and Wolf thru it on Sunday with zero defects.  Very accurate at 30yds on paper, didn't get to shoot at longer range yet.  I had the bolt internals and external lubed w/ white lithium grease for the initial shoot, same as I've done w/ all my other black rifles.  After cleanup, it'll be getting my brew of Mobil 1 5W-30 engine oil + moly additive from now on.

It's a total mutt gun:

Model-1 XM177-type upper w/ fake flash hider that works surprisingly well, no visible muzzle blast even w/ the XM193.

Rock River Arms bolt carrier group, Stag lower w/ DPMS parts kit and RRA shorty stock.  

I broke in the barrel by shooting 10rds, swabbing the bore w/ CLP, repeat for 10 iterations...then blast away.  Unscientific methodology but no evidence it hurts anything.

Pics came out really bad b/c of sun glare, I'll try to tweak tonight and post something.

Quoted:

5thCavGuy,

Thanks for the review. I also live behind enemy lines in NY and was thinking about the same upper. I was wondering about the fake flash hider. Are the slots already there, just not opened all the way up or is it solid all around? How long did it take for you to get it once you ordered it? Thanks.

Whisky19
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:16:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Two of my 3 AR's  have M11S parts. The first was just an adsembled upper. The second was a complete "kit" assembled to a MEGA lower.

Both  are fine and dandy.

Oh, they did send me an A1 front site pin with my A2 kit, and I was missing a spring.... I emailed them and they sent the parts out right away. Yeah, it was an inconvienience, but when mistakes happen, you have to judge how they react. They did good.

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a 20" Varmint kit Shaw SS from Model 1 mounted to an EA lower. Use it to shoot at 500 yards the thing works flawlessly everything seems to be great quality.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#15]
GRET PRICES< AND SELECTION. Spent 300 with them at the last gun show. pics when my LPK shows up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

5thCavGuy,

Thanks for the review. I also live behind enemy lines in NY and was thinking about the same upper. I was wondering about the fake flash hider. Are the slots already there, just not opened all the way up or is it solid all around? How long did it take for you to get it once you ordered it? Thanks.

Whisky19

The slots are there, just not cut thru to the interior of the device.  By definition, it's a barrel extension.  

I paid for UPS 2nd Day and it came as promised.

Good pic of a similar mock flash hider is on Kurt's Kustom Firearms website and I'm having that one pinned/welded onto my 14.5" barrel upper at this time to replace the AK brake.

Kurt's FFH
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Great bunch of people, with great prices
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:44:10 PM EDT
[#18]
5thCavGuy,

Thanks for the info...looks like I'll be ordering one of those uppers soon. I e-mailed Model 1 the other day and asked if they sold the 5 1/2 inch mock flash hider and they do. The cost is $15. I think I'll be getting one of these for a 9mm upper I have. Thinking of having it cut down to 11 1/2 inches and having the "barrel extension" welded on. Of course, I'll need to have it bored out first.

Whisky19
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:40:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I got one of their ss fluted bull barrel kits, the only things I didn't like were that the magazine catch is a bit rough, but that could be something I did during assembly. The gas block looks rough but works fine.  I put it on a DPMS stripped lower. It took me about one hour to put the lower together (with help from pics. on this website)  This gun runs fine, good accuracy, no problems with 160 rounds in one day. I have bought from them before and will buy from them again as long as their reasonable kit prices / good quality continue. Is there anybody out there that currently owns a M1S and a bushmaster or colt  or other "name brand" that could take some side by side pics. of things like the BCG and the inside of the upper for comparison?

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:35:15 AM EDT
[#20]
If you mean having the fake hider bored out, that may not be necessary.

The Model-1 hider already has the interior bored out same/similar to a regular flash hider, and Kurt revised his FFH similarly.  Looking straight down the muzzle end, they're identical to a regular hider.

Kurt's pics on his website are the original design that looks more like a barrel extension at the muzzle, he hasn't updated the pics to reflect the redesign.

HTH.

Quoted:
5thCavGuy,

Thanks for the info...looks like I'll be ordering one of those uppers soon. I e-mailed Model 1 the other day and asked if they sold the 5 1/2 inch mock flash hider and they do. The cost is $15. I think I'll be getting one of these for a 9mm upper I have. Thinking of having it cut down to 11 1/2 inches and having the "barrel extension" welded on. Of course, I'll need to have it bored out first.

Whisky19

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top