Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/6/2006 3:20:06 PM EDT
I would like to get a flat top upper.

that being said I am open to suggestions. here are my specifications below.

if in .223, able to handel heavy 69-75 grain bullets

a barrel long enough to wring out the bullets optimum performance, but ,I don't want a hocky stick

if NOTin .223 what calibers are available that will function in my standard bushmaster lower?

I would like to switch back and forth from my A-1 upper to my new upper.

it will probably be toped off with a decent night vision scope so low to zero flash is required/anticipated so I will probably need a devise at the end.....recomendations?(I don't need or want a can)

the range of target will be 50-300 yards...longer shots not required.

freefloat ofcourse, but who makes a decent hand guard?

this will not be a benchrest beauty, this is going to be a working gun so advise accordingly.

btw I am in law enforcement but this is not for on duty applications....more or less for the zombies......(we really need a zombie icon for this board)

thanks for your input.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:27:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By stormwalker:
I would like to get a flat top upper.

that being said I am open to suggestions. here are my specifications below.

if in .223, able to handel heavy 69-75 grain bullets

a barrel long enough to wring out the bullets optimum performance, but ,I don't want a hocky stick

if NOTin .223 what calibers are available that will function in my standard bushmaster lower?

I would like to switch back and forth from my A-1 upper to my new upper.

it will probably be toped off with a decent night vision scope so low to zero flash is required/anticipated so I will probably need a devise at the end.....recomendations?(I don't need or want a can)

the range of target will be 50-300 yards...longer shots not required.

freefloat ofcourse, but who makes a decent hand guard?

this will not be a benchrest beauty, this is going to be a working gun so advise accordingly.

btw I am in law enforcement but this is not for on duty applications....more or less for the zombies......(we really need a zombie icon for this board)

thanks for your input.

stormwalker,

How true:

we really need a zombie icon for this board

14.5"-16" Colt/LMT/CMT/Stag in 1:7 for a 5.56MM ( 75-77gr ).
Personally, I would go with a 16.5" 6.8SPC.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:41:34 PM EDT
If you would like a lighter upper package I would recommend Denny's Global Tactical Operator mid length gas system with a mid-weight contour, Vortex FS, LaRue 9.0 or 12.0 FF rails, TangoDown VFG, CMT M4 upper, LaRue fixed BUIS and Colt M16 BCG with Wolff power extractor spring.

For a more accurate upper a RECCE 16-inch heavy barrel contour with a mid length gas system either from Denny, ADCO or Noveske Rifleworks with the same package above.

If the ammo availability is better for the 6.8 mm SPC a PRI upper would be nice.

My 6.8 mm upper project is on hold because ammo is still hard to find, I could only get low quantities from SilverStateArmory.com in Pahrump, NV.

Good luck on your project.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:59:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Alpha-Romeo3:
If you would like a lighter upper package I would recommend Denny's Global Tactical Operator mid length gas system with a mid-weight contour, Vortex FS, LaRue 9.0 or 12.0 FF rails, TangoDown VFG, CMT M4 upper, LaRue fixed BUIS and Colt M16 BCG with Wolff power extractor spring.

For a more accurate upper a RECCE 16-inch heavy barrel contour with a mid length gas system either from Denny, ADCO or Noveske Rifleworks with the same package above.

If the ammo availability is better for the 6.8 mm SPC a PRI upper would be nice.

My 6.8 mm upper project is on hold because ammo is still hard to find, I could only get low quantities from SilverStateArmory.com in Pahrump, NV.

Good luck on your project.

+1
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:19:42 PM EDT

Top Top