Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/1/2006 6:49:07 PM EDT
All,

I am wanting to take the plunge into rails as I want a VFG. The two mentioned in the title are the ones that I am most interested in. Has anyone compared the two side by side, and if so what are the pluses and minuses of each. I like the CASV for the option of mounting rails in different positions, but I like the KAC for the shorter top rail mounting system(I do not wnat to buy another mount for my aimpoint). Thoughts??? Thank a million.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:21:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HercMech:
All,

I am wanting to take the plunge into rails as I want a VFG. The two mentioned in the title are the ones that I am most interested in. Has anyone compared the two side by side, and if so what are the pluses and minuses of each. I like the CASV for the option of mounting rails in different positions, but I like the KAC for the shorter top rail mounting system(I do not wnat to buy another mount for my aimpoint). Thoughts??? Thank a million.

With the RASII you're probably going to have to buy another mount for you Aimpoint anyways (probably a shorter one and it should be on top of the hump). So you'll be spending that regardless of which rail you choose.

I really like the RASII. I've never handled the CASV.

That being said I'd go with the RASII as I'm not a fan of bolt on rails. That's just me and YMMV.

Corey
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:08:29 PM EDT
Thanks for the input. I too like the way the RAS II attaches to the upper.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:47:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 6:51:00 PM EDT by HercMech]
Just to update, I bought the RAS II from Bravo Company, and I could not be happier with the purchase and the service and quick response I got from them. My KAC cantilever mount had to be moved back a little but not too much. But I will most likely buy a Larue RAS II mount for the Aimpoint to put it on the hump of the RAS II, but I do think an ARMS 22 will fit on the hump as well. I have been wanting to buy a 1-4X scope but I do not think it will fit between my BUIS and the hump. So I may end up buying another upper, darn the luck.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:10:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HercMech:
Just to update, I bought the RAS II from Bravo Company, and I could not be happier with the purchase and the service and quick response I got from them. My KAC cantilever mount had to be moved back a little but not too much. But I will most likely buy a Larue RAS II mount for the Aimpoint to put it on the hump of the RAS II, but I do think an ARMS 22 will fit on the hump as well. I have been wanting to buy a 1-4X scope but I do not think it will fit between my BUIS and the hump. So I may end up buying another upper, darn the luck.

Not a 1-4x scope, but an ACOG will fit...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:15:05 AM EDT
RAS II are my choice if using Aimpoints. Thats why I have three of them. Two mounted, one in a box waiting for a future build.

For your viewing plaesure:

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:37:26 PM EDT
Guys, thanks for the picture and the advice on the scope mount !
Top Top